Kla-G-Sukkel Beach House is situated on the North Coast of KwaZulu Natal. Located on the idyllic south side of Umdloti Beach, it offers you an opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy the warm Indian Ocean where you can view the whales and dolphins at play.
With the hush of the sea in the background and the large open spaces that this gracious, understated newly renovated home and garden has to offer, you will have no option but to relax and unwind and submit to the tranquil surroundings.
Self Catering Accommodation
The five bed-roomed house, which is positioned across the road from one of the main bathing and surfing beaches, can comfortably accommodate twelve and up to fourteen people. It is clean, spacious and fully equipped as follows:
• Five comfortable and nicely decorated en-suite bedrooms. Three have showers, one has a double shower and the other has a bath
• Open plan dining room and lounge
• A large guest toilet including a shower
• An open, private patio with umbrella and two pool lounges
• An open braai area situated in the back garden
• The kitchen is fully equipped with all cutlery, crockery and utensils, including a microwave, oven and hob as well as a pantry and dishwasher. There is also a small seating area with table and chairs
There is a satellite decoder and television in the lounge, however there is no air-conditioning or pool. Bath towels and linen are provided but it is suggested that you bring your own beach towels as these are not included.
Kla-G-Sukkel is an ideal destination for large families, corporate or sports groups, training camps and team building events. There is a loft room available as an extra if needed.
Sea Facing Apartment:
There is a 2 bedroom Sea Facing Apartment on the property which can be rented out separately or in addition to the Beach House.
• Two en-suite bedrooms
• Open plan dining room and lounge
• A guest toilet and shower
• An open patio with Sea views
• The kitchen is fully equipped with all cutlery, crockery and utensils, including a microwave, oven and hob
There is a loft room available as an extra if needed.
Attractions and Activities
• Whale and dolphin watching from the patio
• Gateway Shopping centre, which is only 10km away, will provide a superb shopping experience together with some fantastic restaurants
• uShaka Marine World, 20km away, will ensure that you have a fun-filled day for the entire family while you enjoy the water park, aquarium or a dolphin show
• Five km from Sibaya Casino for some entertainment at the slot machines or try your luck at one of the card tables. There are also some lovely restaurants if you prefer an evening of fine dining
• Two hours from Big 5 game reserves where you can enjoy the true South African bush with its majestic animals
• Ninety mintues from the Midlands Meander which offers fantastic coffee shops, restaurants and shopping
• Close proximity to championship golf courses at either Mt Edgecombe or Durban Country Club
• Walking distance to five excellent local restaurants and two bars which cater for breakfast, lunch and dinner or romantic sundowners when the weather is good
• Swimming, surfing beach and paddling pools across the road
• Walk, run or cycle along the beach front
• Fifteen minutes drive to Holla Trails in Ballito where you can enjoy some awesome mountain biking trails in the lush cane fields suitable for the whole family. Take your own bike or hire there