About Kingfisher Guest House
Kingfisher Guest House is located in the upmarket, beachfront suburb of Summerstrand, Port Elizabeth, South Africa. The guest house is situated no more than 400m from the popular Pollock Beach. A short walk takes you to beautiful beaches, shops and restaurants, with the Boardwalk Casino and Entertainment Complex, the Port Elizabeth Airport, Golf, Diving, Yachting, the Bayworld Oceanarium and Snake Park and the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, only minutes away.
Set in tranquil surroundings, a sparkling pool and tropical gardens lead to the individually decorated air-conditioned en suite rooms, all with their own private entrances and patios. Kingfisher Guest House has eight rooms with either double, queen or king size beds. Twin beds (two single beds in a room) are available on request. Two of our units have sleeper couches, allowing for up to four persons to be accommodated in a single unit.
• Air-conditioned rooms
• Internet connection plug for dial-up connectivity
• Wi-Fi Internet access
• Colour TV with M-Net and designated DSTV channels
• Hair dryers
• Tea and coffee making facilities
• Bar fridge (stocked with soft drinks, sweet and savoury treats and fresh milk)
• Microwave oven, Bread toaster and basic cutlery and crockery
• Individual safes
• Percale and pure cotton linen
• Guest amenities e.g. fresh towels, face soap, body wash, conditioning hair shampoo, shower caps, ear buds, tissues and cotton wool provided
• All rooms are serviced daily
Full English and/or continental breakfasts are served in the breakfast room or on the patio next to the pool. Guests, who prefer to have breakfast in their rooms, are catered for by means of mouth-watering breakfast baskets.
• Remote controlled, off-street parking secured with an electric fence is available on our premises.
• Fax and secretarial services are available on request.
• Shuttle service arranged.
• Pool towels provided.
• Laundry and/or dry cleaning services are available on request.
• Tourist information available and assistance with reservations provided.
Kingfisher Guest House is in close proximity to all major attractions; from sports grounds to exciting nightlife, and is the ideal base for both business and leisure travellers. Seaview Game and Lion Park and Kragga Kamma Game Park are a mere 20 minutes drive from the guest house, whilst Addo Elephant National Park, Shamwari Game Reserve, Lalibela Game Reserve and Schotia Safaris Private Game Reserve are about an hour’s drive away.
Awards & Accolades
Kingfisher Guest House has been awarded a four star grading by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa in their Bed and Breakfast Category, referring to “Superior (excellent) comfort and quality with a high standard of furnishings, service and guest care”.
Kingfisher Guest House is owner-managed and your hosts, Cilliers and Henk, are committed to ensure that your stay is most comfortable, peaceful and memorable.