About Karee Krans Nature Farm
Karee Krans is a beautiful 200 hectare farm that offers several activities and guests return all year round to enjoy its breath taking beauty and peaceful surrounds. Its the ideal destination for 4×4 enthusiasts, hikers, bird watchers, families, couples, school groups and nature enthusiasts.
We have several camp sites, a romantic two sleeper chalet and a four sleeper family chalet as well as a thatch lapa for weddings and functions and two dormitories for school and church camps.
Four sleeper Chalet:
This is a two-bedroom unit with a double bed in the one room and two single beds in the other. It has a bathroom and a kitchen / dining area with an outside braai area.
This tiny, cozy little cabin was built as a project. It is completely made from salvaged material and nature elements. Within this tiny little space is a double bed, a fireplace and even a little bathroom. It is quite the experience to stay in this bungalow and perfect for a couple looking for a cozy weekend.
The camping sites are surrounded by cliffs and beautiful views and are on level ground with plenty of trees. The ablutions have warm showers and flush toilets. All camp sites have electric points. There are 10 camp sites available.
There is also a small private campsite near the cliff, the Bush Camp that is only booked out to one group at a time. This campsite gives a real bush experience with nothing around but nature. This camp site has its own fire pit, outdoor toilet and cold shower. There is no power, and one can take a drive to ablutions for your daily shower if necessary. Please note that a high wheel base vehicle is needed to access this camp site.
There are two dormitories each with bunk beds for 50 people. Guests need to bring their own bedding. There is a kitchen available but catering can be provided upon request. Various activities are available for group activities. The dormitories are ideal for school and church camps.
• 4×4 trail - come and explore our three 4 x 4 trails, all together 10.3km long with 36 obstacles ranging in grades from 2 - 5. This exciting trail will keep you on your toes for anything from four hours upwards. There are several look out points and braai areas to enjoy along the way as well as beautiful scenery. There is also a 4 x 4 play area as well as challenge that only one vehicle has ever been able to climb!
• Hiking - hikers are free to enjoy 200 hectares of land boasting almost all of South Africa’s indigenous trees, plenty of wild life and loads of South African and Anglo Boer War history
• Bird watching - bring those binoculars and see how many different bird species you can find
• Mountain biking - experienced mountain bikes are welcome to ride along the 4×4 track for a good challenge. For the less serious riders there is plenty of space to ride, explore and enjoy the scenery. Kids are also welcome to bring bicycles
• Fishing - we have a small dam hosting plenty of tilapia and carp as well as a stream running through the farm. Kids can have great fun messing around with their fishing rods
• Swimming - guests are welcome to swim in the dam, stream or our cement dam which has been converted into a pool
• Canoeing / tubing - there are three canoes as well as some tractor tubes available for guests to play around in the stream with
• Obstacle course - come and test your strength and agility on our super cool obstacle course built in the blue gum forest