About Ginnegaap Guesthouse
Ginnegaap Guest House is in a charming cottage-style house in Melville, one of the oldest and most vibrant suburbs in Johannesburg. This highly recommended and trendy establishment with its 12 tastefully decorated en-suite bedrooms offers business and leisure visitors a friendly, peaceful and comfortable home from home where you will instantly feel welcome and at ease.
It is walking distance from the many coffee shops, restaurants, art galleries, books stores and antique shops in Melville and close to the Johannesburg and Wits universities, the SABC, the city centre, various hospitals, Soweto and many of the popular tourist attractions.
The stylish rooms, great breakfast and friendly and caring staff, make Ginnegaap Guest House your perfect escape in the buzzing city of Johannesburg.
If you are looking for space and luxury, our Top Rooms are our largest rooms and situated in quiet parts of the property. All the rooms have king size beds or 2 single beds with private entrances and outside areas.
Our standard rooms are situated in the main house and surrounding garden. Well sized with king size beds or single beds and private entrances and outside areas.
Great value for money! These rooms are smaller with double beds and no private outside areas.
Ideal for long term stays or families visiting Johannesburg, our Apartments are spacious and well equipped.
Room 12 - Situated in a quiet part of the property with an open-plan bedroom, lounge and dining room. It has a separate small bedroom with a single bed and the kitchen is separated off by a wall. The bathroom has a shower only. This Apartment can sleep 3 people with ease.
Room 7 - a free standing apartment with one bedroom, a bathroom with a bath and an open-plan kitchenette/lounge area with a double bed sleeper-couch. It has a small deck with a beautiful view over Johannesburg’s Western suburbs.
Rooms 8 and/or 9 – One or two bedrooms, each with its own bathroom and a kitchen/dining room. Our kitchens are fully fitted with a stove, fridge, microwave oven and cutlery and crockery.
All our rooms are equipped with a small fridge, a safe, a TV with some DSTV channels, an iron/ironing board, a hair dryer, a tea/coffee facility, a heater/fan, an electric blanket, a clock radio and a wi-fi internet connection.
Secure off-street parking
Business centre with fax and print facility
Credit/debit card facility
Excellent security on the premises
We assist with arrangements for transport, sightseeing tours in and around Johannesburg, restaurant reservations and theatre bookings.
Our rates include a full breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausages, fresh fruit, a variety of cereals and breads, yoghurt, fruit juice, cheeses, cold meats and tea and coffee.
Sandwiches can be ordered right through the day
• 7th Street is a street buzzing with restaurants, bars, shops and jazz-clubs is a 3 minute walk away.
• Melville Koppies Nature Reserve is a within walking distance
• Antique and collectibles shops is a 2 minute walk away
• Banks (including a foreign exchange facility), a supermarket and doctors and dentists are a 5 minute walk away
• The University of Johannesburg is about 4 km away
• Wits University is a 10 minute drive away
• Emmarentia Dam, ideal for walks, jogging or a picnic, is a 2 minute drive away
• Johannesburg city with its museums and African craft shops are10 minutes away from Melville.
• Rosebank Shopping Mall and Sandton City are just two of the up-market shopping malls that are easily reachable by car from Melville.
• The Apartheid Museum and Gold Reef City are a 20 minute drive
• Soweto is a 20 minute drive away
• The historic Gold Reef City is 15 minutes by car