Buzz and Marion Bowker invite you to relax and enjoy our up market luxury self catering accommodation, Dunwerkin, in Kenton on Sea. This accommodation is rated ‘Highly Recommended’ by the AA Travel Guides Quality Assured Accommodation Programme and the local Hospitality Guild which scored it 4 ’Suns’.
Self Catering Accommodation
The accommodation consists of two by two bedroom units that can double as a lovely four-bedroom house sleeping 8 people.
Each unit has:
• 1 Double bedroom en-suite (choice of king size or single beds)
• 1 Double bedroom en-suite (two single beds)
• Camp cot provided for babies and toddlers
• Open plan fully equipped kitchen (dishwasher, microwave and all other mod cons)
• Comfortable living area
• Under floor heating and ceiling fans in living areas and bedrooms
• Full DSTV and DVD player
• Emergency lights, gas ring, torches and candles provided in the event of power failure
• Playing cards, games, up to date magazines and tourist info pamphlets provided
• Private patio with Weber braai, patio furniture, infrared patio heater and retractable all weather awning
• Securely fenced and walled with intercom
• 24 Hour armed response security
• Lock up garage with armed response security
• Fully equipped laundry in garage
• Situated in a quiet and secluded area
• Five minute walk (500 – 600 meters) to shops, restaurants, the Kariega river and lagoon as well as the main Kenton Blue Flag beach
• By opening a single door the units convert to a four bedroom house incorporating all the above
Attractions and Activities
The village of Kenton on Sea lies almost mid way between the east coast cities of Port Elizabeth and East London and nestled between the Kariega and Bushman’s tidal rivers. These rivers are navigable for 16 and 30 kilometers respectively. They meander through the beautiful Valley Bushveld verging on numerous game parks/reserves on their way.
These beautiful rivers provide opportunities for:
• Water sports such as swimming, boating, sailing, canoeing, waterskiing, wakeboarding and windsurfing
• Fishing, crabbing, game viewing and birding
Between the two river mouths some of the most pristine and beautiful beaches and sand dunes are to be found.
The Kariega lagoon, Middle beach and Mermaid’s pool are safe and ideal for children and the wallowers and less energetic swimmers. Carriage Rock and Shelly Bay beaches provide solitude and seclusion in the sun. The main Blue flag Kariega beach provides opportunities for body and board surfing and is watched over by professional lifeguards.
For fishermen there are the options of deep sea, rock and surf and river angling.
For game viewers and birders there is a surfeit of malaria free big five game parks/reserves within an hours drive of Kenton. These include Kariega, Sibuya, Shamwari, Amakala, Kwandwe, Pumba and the SAN Park’s Addo Elephant Park.
For sports lovers Kenton has a gym as well as squash, tennis and bowling clubs while golfers are catered for by the Royal Port Alfred and Gary Player designed Fish River Sun courses.
For walkers and hikers there are wonderful beach walks to Kasouga or Diaz Cross as well as the Alexandria Forest, Belton and Assegaai hiking trails. Horse trails are also available.
For those wishing to detox the Saint Francis Health Centre near Kleinemonde is the place to visit. For art lovers the Sky Gallery in Kenton is where some of the better known local artists exhibit their works while the Quin Sculpture Garden in Alexandria and Jane Wiles Art Studio in Bathurst are also worth a visit.
Kenton and surrounds are rich in the history of the Frontier Wars and the 1820 British Settlers. Visits to sites such as Diaz Cross, the historical villages of Salem and Bathurst as well as the Albany, 1820 Settler and Observatory museums and 1820 Settler Monument in Grahamstown are well worthwhile. Kenton has active Round Table and Rotary Service Clubs if visiting Tablers or Rotarians would like to attend meetings.
Pets are not allowed.