Welcome to Deja-Vu Paternoster on SA-Venues.com, offering accommodation in Paternoster, Cape West Coast.
Just an hour's drive north, from Cape Town, you will find Paternoster. The town - deserves its reputation as the playground of the West Coast because of the many attractions it offers, all year round.
And where better to stay than deja-vu paternoster while you experience all the attractions the West Coast has to offer? Situated on a hillside overlooking the sea, it affords magnificent panoramic views of sunrise and sunset, in a setting where the abundant bird life and whale spotting is a wonder to behold. And in springtime, the fields are covered with the wild flowers that have made the West Coast of South Africa famous throughout the world.
Facilities & Service
Deja-vu paternoster offers the traveler
• A hearty continental and cooked breakfast in the communal breakfast room, or if weather permits on the sun deck overlooking the ocean
• A sundeck, perfect for unwinding and watching a spectacular sunset while you savor a glass of West Coast wine
• A laundry service
• Secure off-street parking
• Advice and bookings for day trips, restaurants and all other local activities
• 4 tastefully appointed rooms are individually decorated with quality furnishings
• Queen sized double beds
• En-suite bathrooms with shower
• Heated towel rails
• Crisp 100% cotton linen
• Tea and coffee trays
• Rooms have bar fridges with a small sink (not suitable for cooking meals)
• Sea facing balconies
Deja-vu paternoster is a non-smoking establishment, but the outdoor areas may be used for smoking purposes!
Attractions & Activities
• Langebaan Lagoon: is a natural wonderland steeped in history and home to more than a third of SA's salt marshes and 40% of our sandveld. The waters teem with fish, large and small, and among the most popular pastimes are deep-sea and fresh-water fishing expeditions.
• Watersports: Kayaking, canoeing and rowing, windsurfing, kite surfing, water skiing, jet skiing and surfing. You can rent equipment for all these activities in Langebaan, and lessons are available too.
• Birdwatching: Two hides on the shore of the lagoon provide a vantage point for viewing the 250 species of birds that call this area home. Here you can see the largest colony of kelp gulls in SA, as well as the swift tern, crowned cormorant and black oystercatchers.
• West Coast National Park: It's well worth taking a leisurely drive or cycle ride through the park, where you could see tortoises, zebra, gemsbok, wildebeest and ostrich among other wildlife. From August to October, the park is a riot of colour when wild flowers of every hue cover hill and valley.
• Fossil Park: Fourteen hectares of fossil-rich land, 10 kilometres outside Langebaan, where you can see the fossilised remains of early animals, such as lion-sized sabre-toothed cats and three-toed horses.
• Whale-watching: From June to November, especially to see the Southern Right Whales who mate and calve here. Take a whale-watching trip from Saldanha, 20 minutes from Langebaan.
• Golf: There's an 18-hole course, with grass greens, at the Langebaan Country Club.
• Horseback rides: one hour supervised rides through the countryside. Only 10 min drive.
• Club Mykonos: offers a range of water sports, a sunset cruise on a catamaran, and the excitement of having a flutter on the tables.
• The Strandloper Restaurant: an open air seafood restaurant on the beach offering a unique culinary experience.
Pretoria Guest House
Visit our 4 Star Guest House in Pretoria: DeJa-Vu Pretoria