About Cook's Comfort
Cook’s Comfort offers affordable, luxury self-catering accommodation in White River, in a country setting, high on a ridge, with sweeping views across the Lowveld.
With Cook’s Comfort as your home-base, you can easily access the Kruger National Park as day visitors, and the many other famous attractions such as Blyde River Canyon, God’s Window, Pilgrim’s Rest, Sudwala Caves and Chimp Eden.
You’ll love our beautiful, hand-built log cabins, designed with luxurious, modern and upmarket interiors. Perfectly geared for self-catering, with fully-equipped modern kitchens, all chalets have spacious balconies and stunning views across the Lowveld.
Self Catering Accommodation
Cook’s Comfort is situated on a spacious, four hectare country-style property with beautiful indigenous trees and bustling birdlife. Our accommodation includes hand-built log cabins, designed with beautiful, modern and upmarket interiors. All chalets are serviced daily, with our compliments, and offer:
• Self-catering, with new, fully-equipped and modern kitchens
• Four-sleeper cabins: two bedrooms (one double bed plus two single beds), or
• Six-sleeper chalet: three bedrooms, One and a half bathrooms (one double bed, two single beds in the second and third bedrooms)
• Each chalet has its own bathroom and lounge
• Satellite TV in each chalet
• Spacious balconies with stunning views across the Lowveld
• Private braai / barbeque facilities
• Complimentary tea / coffee welcome pack on arrival
Facilities and activities
This is the time and place for you to wind down, relax and spend quality time doing what you enjoy. While you’re here, why not enjoy a few of our other facilities and activities:
• The Chill Zone – come and “chill” and relax on our viewing deck, enjoying the view of the mountains of the Kruger National Park and Lowveld or watching the distant planes landing and taking off in the valley far below. Bring your binoculars!
• Sparkling swimming pool with braai / barbeque facilities – perfect for picnics
• Playground for children, including jungle gym, firemen’s pole and swings
• Table tennis
• Snooker / pool table
• Nature walks
• Private braai / barbeque facilities at each chalet
Come and meet the “dudes”, our family of peacocks that roam around the property, including our magnificent white peacocks. If you’re lucky, you may also catch a glimpse of the shy animals that visit us from time to time, including:
• Grey duiker
• Wild tortoises
• Wild hare
• Monitor lizard
• Lesser Bushbaby (listen for their calls at night) ... not to mention the endless variety of beautiful birds
We’re perfectly located for tourists, holiday-makers and business travellers. Located just outside White River, just 35km from the Kruger National Park and 6km from the Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, Cook’s Comfort is the perfect base from which to experience the incredible sights and adventures that the Lowveld has to offer.
Business travellers will have quick and easy access to the Nelspruit CBD, which is just a short 10 minute / 12km drive. Work in Nelspruit city during the day, and enjoy a country-setting in the early-morning and evenings.
There are so many things to see and do in the area:
• Kruger National Park: go for game drives in the Kruger Park every day as day visitors. Numbi and Malalane Gates are just a short drive away - Numbi gate is around 20-25 minutes’ drive
• Byde River Canyon
• Pilgrim’s Rest
• God’s Window
• Elephant sanctuaries
• Chimp Eden
• Coffee farm
• Silk farms
• Tree-top tours
• Adventure tours: kayaking, quad-biking, river tubing, abseiling … and many more
We’re sure you’ll love staying at Cook’s Comfort, and we look forward to hosting you as our guests.