About Claus Inn
Claus Inn offers a total of twelve (12) comfortable bedrooms surrounded by spacious gardens and located in the heart of south / eastern Johannesburg. The venue contains a boardroom, chapel, hall, lapa / braai area and large swimming pool. Guests are mainly from the corporate sector and tourists.
Accommodation units are private with en-suite bathrooms. Each one has a unique sense of style and design. The bedroom options available are: self catering units, executive / honeymoon suites and standard rooms each with double or twin beds. The units are fully equipped and offer refined comforts, including a TV, bar fridge, air cooler / heater, tea tray and study desk. All the rooms are non-smoking. Complimentary coffee, tea and rusks are available in rooms. A laundry service is available. You will find a high level of personal service.
We serve a traditional Full English breakfast as well as a Continental breakfast. Tea and coffee are included.
Claus Inn is a charming establishment and ideally suited for the smaller events and groups up to 70 people. The facilities are most suitable for business meetings, weddings and functions that involve the age group 30 years and older. Our menus contain the best of classic Cape recipes (Boerekos). Some of these have been refined over generations. The traditional braai (barbeque) is always a winner.
The conference hall (De Anker) and boardroom (Here XV11) can seat up to 70 people. The venues are equipped with air-con, a data projector and related equipment for presentations. Here XVII is excellent for the smaller business meetings or conferences.
Claus Inn Guest House has the facilities to provide a “one stop” venue for wedding functions. The Belvedere Chapel and Gazebo provides a romantic and sacred atmosphere. De Anker has adequate space and the use of a dance floor. The maximum number of guests are 70 people and adequate on site parking is available.
Claus Inn is an eco-friendly establishment. Almost 80% of the hot water is produced through energy saving devices. A significant amount of rain and underground water is captured. Organic gardening has taken-off. Fruit trees on the property include: almonds, grapes, lemons, olives, peaches, pomegranates, walnuts, plums, quinces, figs and the sweetest prickly pears. This Haven often reminds us to appreciate the beauty of nature and our duty towards conservation and maintaining the environment for future generations.
Why guests prefer CLAUS INN
• The best value for money in the area with adequate space and facilities to unwind, relax and enjoy
• Charming and well sized accommodation units with double or twin beds, en suite bathrooms and modern comforts
• Traditional home-cooked dinners by arrangement and full catering for groups up to 70 people
• Excellent location vis a vis OR Tambo International, Alrode, Wadeville and City Deep
• Highly individual place with fruit trees, organic gardening and buildings that reflect Cape Karoo architecture on the 4000m² stand
• Safe and Secure premises that is under 24 hour CCV surveillance and adequate parking
• Claus Inn cares and respects the environment with ‘green technology’ to benefit also visitors
• Owner managed and run establishment with outstanding hospitality and personal service
In Alberton (New Redruth) only minutes away from Alberton City (shopping centre), the Boma Barnyard Theatre, the Union / Clinton Hospitals and major freeways. The main business and industrial areas Alrode, Wadeville, City Deep and Gosforth Park can be reached within 12 minutes drive. O R Tambo International and the RandVaal growth area are 20 minutes away. The Reading Golf Course is walking distance. Other major attractions in the vicinity include: Gold Reef City (entertainment), East Gate (shopping mall), The Glen (shopping mall), Soweto / ”Soccer City” (township experience), Lion Park (Nnture) and Meyersdal Nature Area (nature).