About Centre Kort
Budget, self-catering holiday home situated on "The Island" in Sedgefield, Garden Route. Centre Kort is a charming, rustic, brick and wood elevated house with a treetop deck facing expansive views of the mountains and lakes. Set in a small wooded indigenous forest garden with abundant birdlife. An environmentalists dream.
Down to earth holiday fun for the family
The house sleeps four comfortably, having two upstairs double bedrooms (one room with a double bed), a shower and basin and a separate loo. The upstairs living space is bright, sunny and warm in the winter with a large outdoor deck. There is a general purpose room with more beds and a half bathroom downstairs as well as puzzles and board games for children, cards and a card table for adults.
The downstairs veranda leads to a basic braai (BBQ) in the forest setting. There is parking for two cars at the back of the house, up an access panhandle. On the verge in front of the house is spacious parking. The accommodation is rustic, there is a stove, fridge microwave and small appliances but no television or washing machine. However there is a hand clothes-washing basin (with a colourful mosaic wall above it) and washing line outside.
• Boat launching slipway on the lagoon around the corner from the house.
• Canoeing, fishing, sailing and wind-surfing on the lagoon and on Swartvlei Lake.
• Myoli, the Mouth and Swartvlei beaches are close for warm sea swimming and for beach walking.
• Diving off the rocky coastline.
• Golf on a number of nearby and famous courses.
• Mountain biking on the forest tracks and roads.
• Horse riding along the lake shore and over the nearby hills.
• Mountain hiking on the Outeniqua and Tsitsikamma Trails.
• Many forest, dune, fynbos and lakeside walks.
• Bird watching from birdhides on nearby Rondevlei Bird Sanctuary and on Langvlei.
• Yacht Club on Island Lake.
• Sedgefield also has many excellent pubs and restaurants
• Farmers Market every Saturday morning selling home made local produce of all descriptions and a Craft Market.