About Bwelani Guest House
“Bwelani” is a Chichewa word (indigenous language spoken widely in Malawi) meaning “join us” / “you are welcome”.
Bwelani is a luxurious guest house located in Brooklyn - an exclusive suburb of Pretoria which is the administrative capital of South Africa. The interior is adorned with beautiful art pieces that the owner has collected over many years of frequent trips and extended stays in Africa and the Middle East. Each room / unit has a unique look and feel celebrating Africa’s bounty and beauty. This beautiful spacious guest house with its tranquil ambience offers a “home away from home” where guests will have the opportunity to relax and recharge.
Over-sized executive room with its own lounge, kitchenette and exceptionally large bathroom with separate bath and shower. There is an extra length king size bed with ample space for additional beds. The room has direct access to a balcony overlooking the pool and garden. It is ideal for brides looking for a luxurious setting in which to dress or for the business traveller.
Spacious executive room with a queen size bed and a comfortable chair, ottoman and reading lamp. The large en-suite bathroom has a separate bath and shower.
64sqm self-catering bachelor apartment with a lounge, dining area, kitchen, study, reading corner, walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom with shower. It has an extra length king size bed, a sleeper couch in the lounge and funky décor. Perfect for visiting academics or other long term travellers.
Sunny north-facing room with an extra length double bed and en-suite bathroom with separate bath and shower. Adorned with beautiful photographs and sketches of baby elephants in the Sheldrick Trust (elephant orphanage in Nairobi, Kenya).
Spacious room with a queen size bed, reading corner, vanity area and en-suite bathroom with separate bath and shower. Walls are decorated with rope art from Lagos.
Tranquil bedroom with an extra length double bed, en-suite shower bathroom and reading corner with a comfortable wingback chair.
Large split-level self-catering apartment with private court yard with a braai / bbq, patio (overlooking pool and garden), extra length queen size bed, vanity with ample mirrors, walk-in closet, lounge with two couches which can convert into full-sized single beds, dining area and fully equipped kitchen (large fridge / freezer, dishwasher, microwave, etc.). The en-suite bathroom has a beautiful claw foot bath, separate shower and large linen cupboard. Perfect for visiting academics, families or other long term travellers.
• Wireless internet;
• Flat screen TV, DVD player and DStv (satellite tv);
• Hi-Fi with iPod / iPhone docking station, radio and CD player;
• Comfortable desk with ample easily accessible plugs & illumination;
• Built-in cupboards;
• Personal safe;
• Fridge, kettle and coffee plunger with complimentary tea / coffee;
• Electric blanket and bathroom heater;
• Iron, ironing board and hairdryer available;
• White percale linen.
Guest house facilities
• Two conference / function rooms with direct access to the garden. All standard equipment is available. Capacity is dependent on the configuration of the tables.
• Patio with an extra-long table large enough for 22 sit-down guests
• Business centre
• Secure off-street parking
• Steam room
• Swimming pool
• Breakfast, lunch & dinner on request
• Transfer to and from airports and tours to tourist attractions per arrangement
• Various seating areas with comfortable furniture are located in the beautiful garden with a number of water features. The garden is home to a number of wild birds attracted by the many feeding stations and the large number of trees that provide ideal nesting spots.
• DVD library
• 2km by road from the Gautrain station in Hatfield
• Across the road from Pretoria Boys High School’s main entrance
• 150m from the University of Pretoria’s main entrance
• 950m from Loftus Versfeld Stadium
• Walking distance from AFFIES, Girls High and Afrikaans Hoër Meisieskool
• Walking distance from Austin Roberts Bird Sanctuary with its 189 different bird species
• Close to most Embassies located in Pretoria
• < 2km from Brooklyn Mall & Design Square with its numerous shops, restaurants and movies
• Close to numerous hospitals, e.g. Little Company of Mary, Jakaranda, Zuid-Afrikaans, Meulmed, Pretoria Eye Institute, Heart Hospital, Urology Hospital, Medforum Hospital
• Around the corner from the Advocate Chambers at Brooklyn Circle
• Gauteng North Tennis, Hillcrest Swimming pool and De Jong diving centre are all < 2km
• SABS Training centre, Auditor General Office and SARS Head Office are all in close proximity