About Botany Bay Lodge
Botany Bay Lodge offers friendly, relaxed accommodation with an afro-colonial setting, situated right next to the famous Botanical Gardens on Durban's lush suburb - the Berea - not far from shopping centres, cinemas, good restaurants and take aways. We are only five minutes from the city centre, International Conference Centre and beaches.
Botany Bay Lodge has three en-suite bedrooms with fans and air conditioners for those balmy Durban evenings. The rooms are all equipped with coffee / tea facilities, TVs, overhead fans, safes and have ample cupboard space. The top quality mattresses ensure you a restful night’s sleep and all linen is new and of good quality. We provide towels, soap and shampoo.
We provide a very filling, tasty breakfast consisting of fruit salad, yoghurt, fruit juice, cereals, tea / coffee, eggs / omelette, sausage, beacon, tomatoes and beans.
We offer free, wireless internet access to check emails for those guests with their own laptops. We do offer fax / telephone facilities on request. We also offer safe off street parking, pool bar, laundry / maid service and a fully fitted communal kitchen and braai area for your self catering requirements.
Our pool is set in tranquil, lush, tropical surroundings and you will find it very difficult not to unwind and take a well-deserved break. Our bar has a fridge where you may chill your drinks.
• Take a walk in the Botanical Gardens, have tea at the gardens cafe
• Visit uShaka Marine World, water world, beautiful aquarium and dolphin shows
• Go deep sea fishing or take a leisurely cruise on a boat or catamaran
• Head inland and visit the 'Valley of a Thousand Hills’, snake park, Zulu dancing
• Take a walk on one of the beautiful beaches
• Visit one of Durban’s shopping centres, Musgrave, Pavilion, Gateway
• Take a tour of Durban, museums, places of interest, township, air conditioned tours by owner
• Watch a rugby match
• Go to the horse racing at Greyville
• Visit the famous 'Indian Spice market'
• Visit the Suncoast Casino and try you luck or visit one on their many restaurants
We aim at providing clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation in a “home-away-from-home” atmosphere. We want our guests to feel like they are at home. We are also aiming at “greening” our establishment by using low powered globes and a geyser wise electricity saving device which is encouraged / endorsed by Eskom, and capturing rain water in the pool.
We are pleased to be able to say that many of our guests return and have said “I feel like I am at home - only better.”