About Bodmin Cottage
Bodmin Cottage offers a tranquil private stay in the heart of the garden suburb of Walmer in Port Elizabeth. Our newly renovated one bed roomed cottage is tucked away amongst established indigenous trees with abundant bird life. The Cottage is perfectly suited for couples or families with children who prefer space to run around outside in the fully enclosed garden. There is a cosy braai / barbecue area which is ideal for outdoor meals.
The cottage is set back from the road and has its own entrance, well separate from the main dwelling. Guests are ensured of complete privacy and are free to come and go at their own convenience. There is safe off street undercover parking behind remote controlled gates. We are ideally situated close to major shopping centers, beaches, hospitals and the airport.
Our self-contained flatlet has a bedroom with en-suite bathroom and separate kitchen / lounge / dining area. The fully carpeted bedroom has a comfortable queen sized bed, and generous built-in cupboards with hangers provided. The bathroom has a shower with variable jet settings. Cotton linen and luxury towels are provided. There is laminated flooring throughout the remainder of the cottage.
The kitchen is fully equipped with fridge, microwave, gas hob and oven, toaster, kettle, cutlery and crockery. Complimentary tea and coffee are provided, as well as firewood for the barbecue. A fan and oil heater is available.
A colour TV and radio are situated in the comfortable lounge which has French doors leading out into the garden. There is also a dining nook which can seat four. Children can be accommodated on the spacious sleeper couch and a cot can also be provided for smaller children.
Service and facilities
We are a non-smoking establishment.
Continental breakfasts are available by prior arrangement, at an additional charge.
The unit is serviced weekly for long stays.
Laundry facilities are also available on request.
Airport transfers can be arranged, preferably between 08h00 and 20h00.
Location and amenities
• We are a 2 minute drive away from the Walmer Park and Moffet on Main shopping malls
• The airport and St Georges Hospital are both a 10 minute drive away.
• Walmer town centre (hairdressers, banks, supermarkets, internet cafes, coffee shops) is within walking distance
• The beachfront, oceanarium and Boardwalk casino complex is a short 15 minute drive away.
• Port Elizabeth is part of the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan area and the water sport capital of South Africa, host to the annual Iron man competition.
• Malaria free game parks such as Addo Elephant Park and Shamwari are within close proximity of Port Elizbeth
• Kragga Kamma game reserve and the Seaview Lion park is a 30 minute drive away and ideal for the time pressed traveler or family with small children.