Welcome to Bastiaanskloof on SA-Venues.com, offering accommodation in Bainskloof, Breede River Valley.
Studies have been conducted on all flora and fauna and guests have access to this information as well as being able to spot few of these species themselves. During spring, fynbos flowers are a must see as the valley becomes a sea of purples and pinks and yellows.
The property forms part of the Boland Mountain Complex in the Cape Floristic region, one of eight areas in South Africa designated by Unesco as World Heritage sites. Places as unique and diverse as the wilds of East Africa's Serengeti, the Pyramids of Egypt, the Great Wall of China, the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and the Baroque Cathedrals of Latin America make up Unesco's World heritage sites.
Four cottages, two sleeping four, one sleeping six, and one sleeping two provide the base from which to explore the magnificent 2,500 ha property.
All cottages are tastefully decorated in sympathetic natural tones in keeping with the environment and are fully equipped and towels are provided. Touches include good reading books and magazines and a collection of board games. Firewood is provided as are Weber braai's (BBQ).
India House, sleeping six in three en-suite bedrooms is now available. It has a state of the art kitchen, its own swimming pool and access to the organic kitchen garden amongst many special features. The option of a 5 star full-service chef is available on request, as are pre-arranged spa treatments amongst many other additional services.
Attractions and Activities
Bastiaanskloof boasts access to spectacular mountain hikes and trails, allowing guests to hike previously unchartered mountain passes, past magical waterfalls and explore centuries old caves with historic paintings. There is also the option to hike the neighbouring Limietberg Nature Conservancy.
Guests also have access to two main perennial rivers, the Witte River and the Bastiaanskloof river. Both of these rivers have natural pools and are still sparsely populated with indigenous Cape Galaxias, Cape Kurper and Breede River Redfin. Decks have been built along the Witte River allowing for lazy days lounging with lots of tanning and picnics, or swimming in the natural pools and watching the myriad birdlife and wildlife.
Other activities in and around the property include
• Wine routes on the doorstop of the Estate: Wellington, Paarl, Worcester, Breedekloof, Tulbagh
• Horse Riding
• Brown Trout Fishing on the Witte River through the Cape Piscatorial Society
• Farmers Market - Things I love Deli in Church Street, Tulbagh, hosts a Farmer’s Market on the last Saturday of every month. Tulbagh is a 20 minute drive from Bastiaanskloof
• Birding: For bird enthusiasts, Bastiaanskloof hosts over 140 species for your viewing pleasure! • Several fynbos endemics are found on the property. These include the Cape Rock-jumper, Victorin’s Warbler, Orange Breasted Sunbird, Cape Sugarbird, Protea Seedeater and the Cape Siskin. A full birding report on the bird species on the property has been conducted and is available to guests only
• Arts / Culture and excellent restaurants in the surrounding towns of Wellington, Tulbagh, Ceres and Worcester
• Experiencing Western Cape fynbos and fauna at its most pristine
ACCREDITATIONS (as claimed by the establishment)