About 7 Church Street
Situated in the heart of Montagu (the jewel of Route 62 and South Africa's Village of the Year), this tastefully restored Victorian home is set in beautiful park like gardens with a sparkling swimming pool, surrounded by panoramic mountain views.
Re-invented in 2008, 7 Church Street was changed for ever with the addition of the three luxury suite 'Dial Cottage'; a Cape Dutch building resurrected on previous foundations set in lush gardens with exotic water fowl.
The three suites, each unique in character but linked with the thread of quality and taste are some of the finest in the region. Beds are King or three-quarter extra length. In 2010 a private sun deck was added to Cottage 3 which gives sunset views over the mountains.
The elevated Garden Suite with its 60sqm lounge and sun deck is still the star of 7 Church Street Luxury Guest House followed by the Honeymoon Suite with Victorian bathroom.
Secure parking is available to all our guests with fridges and safes as well as tea and coffee trays and travel and dinning information. Free wi-fi in the rooms has now been installed.
Let us spoil you for three or four nights with our luxurious embroidered cotton percale linen, scrumptious breakfast and friendly ambiance.
• Enjoy a complimentary muscadel with your hosts Mike and May who will assist you with restaurant bookings and advice on what to do in Montagu.
• Scrumptious farmhouse breakfast and friendly ambience.
• Secure parking on premises
• Walk to restaurants, museums, art and crafts, hiking and walking trails and much more
Montagu - Historical & Craft Route
Montagu has a large collection of fine historical houses, one of these, Joubert House is situated at the bottom of our garden and is part of the Montagu museums and has an outstanding collection of Cape furniture. The Montagu craft-route features, artists, hand embroidered cotton percale linen, weaving and other crafts.
Sport & Recreation
Golfing at Montagu's 9 hole course or Bonnievale or Robertson. Road Biking on the R318 or the Route 62 in complete safety. Mountain Bike hire and easy to challenging rides in the area. Tennis and Bowling in walking distance. Horse and Camel Riding in the area. Walk through the kloofs to see rock formations and Wildlife. Hike 1000m above Montagu to see views of the surrounding villages from the top of Bloupunt. World renowned Rock Climbing within walking distance.
Health & Recreation
• Spa-resort with hot mineral springs, 2 km walk or 5 minute drive
• Coffee shops and internet cafes and excellent shops for clothes or gifts
• Farm stalls for light meals and local produce
• Montagu's wine route in the morning followed by the Robertson route in the afternoon both with stunning wines and the tasting is free.
Visit the Nature Gardens, especially good in spring (Late August and September) Bird park and outstanding cactus gardens a short drive away. Walk to the lei-dam at sunset and see hundreds of birds spectacularly landing.