Accommodation in South Africa »
South Africa Conferences »
South Africa Health Spas »
South Africa Honeymoons »
South Africa Hotels »
South Africa Wedding Venues »
Cape Grace presents luxury in a new light.
Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort.
Our refashioned look juxtaposes modern with period, rare with everyday and a sense of spontaneity with the handcrafted, personal care we’re known for. Interiors combine engaging artifacts and original antiques with a rich tapestry of local history, infused with artistic renditions of the exceptional botanical kingdom that surrounds us.
Loyalty to our guests is paramount at Cape Grace: This is reflected in the luxurious spaciousness of guests’ rooms; the diverse spectrum of amenities and extra services, and in our constant quest to deliver unsurpassed service standards that are equally proficient and warmly individual.
With a genuine passion to champion distinctive standards in service, Cape Grace is dedicated to surpassing expectations and making your stay, whether work or pleasure, the most memorable ever.
Complimentary Value Added Services
• Luxury chauffeur transfer service within a 20km / 12 mile radius, subject to availability
• Day-use facilities for early arrivals and late departures
• Communication Centre with 24-hour internet access
• Private guest library / lounge
• Wi-Fi connectivity in all rooms and public areas
• Daily Cape Orientation and wine tasting
• Undercover and surface parking
• Fitness Studio
Standard Room Features
120 luxurious guest rooms and suites, elegant in style and generous in size.
• iPod docking stations in all guest rooms
• X-Box 360s in Suites and Penthouses
• Private room safe
• Flat-screen, high definition TV, satellite television channels and selected radio stations
• International plug points and fax / Internet modem lines
• Fully stocked private bar and mini-deli
• Tea and coffee making facilities
• Air-conditioned rooms
• French windows with views of the yacht marina or the working harbour
• Fresh flowers and personally selected books
• Elegant marble bathrooms with luxurious Charlotte Rhys toiletries (range exclusive to Cape Grace)
• Separate bath, shower and toilet
• Iron and ironing board
Signal, the restaurant at Cape Grace, provides fusion of culinary indulgence influenced by the classics and unmistakable hints of South African flavour, bringing you cuisine that’s fresh and creative. Set in a sophisticated yet unhurried atmosphere, service is warm and intuitive while innovative menus are complemented by premium local wine selections.
Our progressive food concept encourages guests to dine wherever they choose within the hotel, whether it’s champagne & oysters on the pool terrace overlooking the yacht marina, or an unhurried degustation meal paired with superb wines in your suite.
Bascule Whisky, Wine and Cocktail Bar
Below deck, beside the clear waters of the private marina and beneath the majesty of Table Mountain, is the popular Bascule Whisky, Wine and Cocktail Bar. Here guests can choose from the largest collection of whiskies south of the equator or enjoy a delicious cocktail.
Cape Town Weddings
Cape Grace caters for smaller, more intimate weddings of up to 30 guests for a ceremony, and from 40 guests seated to 60 for a cocktail-style function. And, if you want to do the whole thing here - ceremony, reception and honeymoon - there are a variety of options available. Our functions team will gladly assist with arrangements for flowers, photographers, ministers, décor, music, hair and make-up.
Our 56-foot yacht - Spirit of the Cape, is available for tailor-made charters along the Cape’s magnificent coastline.
Located on the top floor of the hotel, with panoramas of Table Mountain, the city and yacht marina, the African-inspired Spa is owned and operated by Cape Grace.
The rich tapestry of colours, well-stocked bookshelves and historic works of art create a warm and relaxing atmosphere. Sink into cushioned comfort, or hold an informal meeting.
This formal yet intimate venue, accommodating up to 14 people, provides for all business requirements in comfort.
Treat yourself to a lazy day around the outdoor heated pool. Soak up Africa's warm sun, surrounded by trellised gardens and a private terrace.
• South Africa’s Leading Hotel’ - 2009 / 2010 Welcome Awards
• ‘Favorite Resort/Hotel Spa in Africa and the Middle East category’ - Silver Sage Reader’s Choice Awards 2009
• ‘Best Deluxe - Signal Restaurant’ - V&A Waterfront Restaurant of the Year Awards 2009
• ‘Best Pub Style - Bascule’ - V&A Waterfront Restaurant of the Year Awards 2009
• "Best Luxury Hotel/Resort in Africa & Indian Ocean" - Luxury Travel Advisor Awards of Excellence 2009
• "World's Best Hotels in Africa for Families" - Travel & Leisure World Awards (US) 2009
• "Most Stylish New Business Hotels around the Globe" Wallpaper* & Fortune Magazines (UK) 2009
• "Best City Hotel in Africa & The Middle East" Travel & Leisure World Service Awards (US) 2009
• "Hot List" Condé Nast Traveler (US) 2009
• "Best City Hotel" Travel & Leisure World Service Awards (US) 2008
• "Best Independent Hotel" Luxury Travel (UK) 2008
• "Top 10" in TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Awards (US) 2008
• "Best Hotel in the World for Service and Staff" Condé Nast Traveller (UK) 2007
• "Gold List" - Condé Nast Traveller (UK & USA) 2007
• "Best Business Hotel in Africa & The Middle East" - Travel & Leisure (USA) 2006
• "Best Hotel in the World" 2000 & "Best Hotel in Africa" - Condé Nast Traveler (USA) 2001, 2003, 2008
From Cape Town International Airport
Pass airport building on left and follow EXIT signs
Proceed under bridge
From the left, join the N2 motorway
Continue on the N2, pass a golf course and river on the left
Follow 'Stad/City N2 M3' signs
The road now curves to the right. Stay in the middle lane & follow N2/City/Foreshore/Seapoint signs
Continue following these signs. The road begins to descend & you get your first glimpse of Cape Town's harbour
Pass the Holiday Inn Garden Hotel on your left
Continue on Motorway 7, following the M6 Coen Steytler / Seapoint / Waterfront sign
Keep following 'Seapoint M6 Waterfront' sign. Dock yards on the right
Keep in the right lane
Turn right at the traffic lights & follow the Waterfront signs
At the next set of traffic lights cross over and enter the V&A Waterfront
Caltex garage on your right
At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit out to West Quay & you will see the Cape Grace Hotel ahead.
The airport is 21km's from the hotel, and the trip will take approximately 20 - 45 mins, depending on the time of day.