Map showing Woodland Gardens
Directions to Woodland Gardens
1. From Johannesburg you can travel on Western Bypass (concrete highway) and get off at 14th Ave turn off onto N14 (Hendrik Potgieter) route past Hillfox, by turning right after passed under the highway. OR from the N12 take the N1 Roodepoort concrete highway, get off at Gordon road, turn left at top and then right onto Hendrik Potgieter. Continue on Hendrik Potgieter/Little Falls road until come to the intersection at Pinehaven, intersection with R28 K/dorp / Pretoria highway (also known as N14)
2. From Beyers Naude or Malibongwe drive both continue to the R28 /N14 Krugersdorp highway, turn left onto it and continue until it ends at the traffic light intersection, base of Krugersdorp hills, Sasol garage, called Pinehaven.
3. From Ontdekkers road until Krugersdorp and then follow road to Magaliesburg past the Krugersdorp Game Reserve, until come into village of Magalies.
4. From Pretoria get onto the Pietersburg / Krugersdorp Highway R28 / N14 and continue till it ends at traffic light intersection, base of Krugersdorp hills, Sasol garage, called Pinehaven.
5. From Pinehaven continue over it from Johannesburg side or turn right if coming from Pretoria side, continue with this road past Cradle of Humankind signs until get to a T- junction, turn right, you will see a Zenex garage Oaktree, on left as turn, go past the next road left, Ventersdorp / Tarlton, it is indicated on the map but dont use it, continue down the hill past Greensleeves until get the Maropeng / Magaliesburg sign, turn left onto this road, newly tarred, (shows as a dirt road still on the map) past the new Maropeng dev for about 8km.
6. You will reach a stop, turn Right to Magaliesburg
7. Go through the village, up past the Spar on your left, over railway line (not marked, or guarded), veer left, onto R509 Koster Road, past the SAP, follow the Koster Road for 12km until get to signs for Western Cane and Vlakdrif stay on main road. 1km exactly past the Vlakdrif Engen garage, you will see forest on right, slow down, look for yellow wall, lights on top, green gate on the right! Our sign is on the wall.
8. Hoot at gate, it is well lit at night, but we do require a sms re arrival time for staff at the gate to wait for you please! Also we have big dogs, lots of them, if a problem for you let me know will close them up, (will probably only lick you to death). Follow the road, where driveway lights are, to the right around the house to your chalet parking, or to left if in double chalet! Welcome!