About Villa Augusta
Nestling on the slopes of its own mountain, the dramatic Kasteelberg, the surrounds are wheatlands, vineyards and olive groves, creating a distinctive touch of the Mediterranean in Africa.
Only an hour from Cape Town, you will love the rural atmosphere of the quaint village with a wide range of choice of activities, places to eat and drink, opportunities to do a bit of retail therapy or taste the delicious local wine, olives and other products.
Self Catering Accommodation
The character 3-storey villa has four bedrooms and three bathrooms, accommodating from 2 to 12 people. The house has a fully equipped kitchen, two living areas, one fireplace, and an organic herb garden for your use.
There is free Wi-Fi as well as DStv. The villa is child friendly. We have a beautiful private swimming pool and we are within walking distance from some of the top restaurants in the area.
We also offer de-stress massages and can arrange parties, small weddings and functions. Cooking classes, yoga, wine and olive tasting and cycle tours can be arranged on your behalf.
Activities and Attractions
• Stop for the best coffee in the Valley and breakfast at Beans about coffee. They are only closed on Tuesdays
• Best budget breakfast all day long is at Wicked Treats opposite the post office called a Babalas breakfast. It got its name after serving 500 people breakfast after the Swartland Revolution Wine festival. It is a winner!
• Visit all the small little shops in the village by foot
• Wine tasting options: Kloofenburg, Riebeek Cellars, Allesverloren, HET Vlock Casteel, Mullineux Family Wine and the Wine Collective
• Good food experiences at: Café Felix, Mamma Cucina and the Royal Hotel
• Pay a visit for sundowners at the Royal Hotel for an experience never to forget