About Vergelegen Guest House
Vergelegen Guest House was built especially with keeping the guests needs in mind. Situated on the outskirts of Kakamas on a beautiful farm setting near the world famous Augrabies Falls. One overlooks the contrast of barren landscapes and lush green vine yards of the Orange river valley.
The guest house offers 16 luxury and comfortable en-suite rooms each with a personal touch. Self Catering and Family Units / Suites available. All rooms have their own private entrances which walk out on a patio. Take time to relax at the swimming pool under the African sun or take a walk down to the river. In winter you can relax at our cozy fireplace.
THE GUEST HOUSE **** (AA Awards Finalist)
All rooms have air-conditioning and heating. Provided in the rooms are television with M-Net, some with bar fridges, coffee and tea facilities. All linen and towels and complimentary amenity kit are provided. Additional services include: laundry services, private braai area and e-mail and fax facilities. Wake up calls and room service available. 24 hour reception.
Vergelegen is a convenient stop-over or holiday base for tourist, nature lovers, businessman and travellers alike. It offers friendly, informal country hospitality at affordable rates.
THE RESTAURANT, COFFEE SHOPPE and COCKTAIL LOUNGE (Awarded Best Country Restaurant in SA)
On the premises you can dine in our intimate a le carte restaurant which had numerous write-ups. Dine at the fireplace or outside on the patio. Do enjoy sundowners and a hearty meal. A feast of well prepared cuisine to excite everybody's taste buds. We also cater for vegetarians. Cocktail lounge and Coffee Shoppe available on the premises. Fully licensed.
Facilities for conferences up to 30 people. Catering available on request. Ideal for private meetings and promotions. Catering for all occasions, venues and functions.
HISTORICAL SIGHTS IN AREA:
• Augrabies Falls National Park - 35 km
• Riemvasmaak Hot Springs and historical sights - 65 km
• German graves dated during the Boer War - 1.2 km
• Irrigation tunnels build by Cornish miners - 1.5 km
• Museum in Egyptian style transformer building and hydraulic power station, the first ever in South Africa - 5 km
• Operating Waterwheels which are still in use - 6 km
• Wine Cellars and wine tasting tours - 5 km
• Rockery Route with scenic and spectacular views - 25 km
ACTIVITIES IN AREA: (By prior arrangement)
• Augrabies Falls National Park - Klipspringer and Gorge Walking Trail
• Orange river gorge canoe trails (between 3 and 7 days)
• Half-day rafting (between 3 and 5 hours)
• Game viewing and night drives in Augrabies Falls National Park and surrounded areas (Self drive or guided)
• 4x4 trails - Riemvasmaak trails and Private Game farms. (Self drive or guided)
• Horse riding
• Mountain biking
• Gariep 3 in 1 - rafting in gorge under Augrabies falls, hiking and mountain biking
• Photographic tours
• Bird Watching
• 4x4 Tours (Self drive or guided)
• Historical tours
• Vineyard and grape packhouse tours (In season)
• Scenic flights - highly recommended (value for money)