About Umlilo Lodge
Umlilo Lodge (Umlilo is the Zulu word for fire) is a 4 star guest house situated in the small village of St Lucia, the only private village in the world to be completely surrounded by a World Heritage Site.
We offer 12 comfortable en suite guests rooms. All rooms have air-conditioning, nine TV channels, mosquito nets, a hair dryer, safety deposit boxes, a refrigerator, complimentary tea and coffee facility, towels and complementary shampoo and body wash.
Guests can choose to laze on the wooden deck by the pool, make use of full internet in our info area as well as Wi-Fi for guests who would like to bring their own laptop or iPad.
Relax in our bar lounge (which is surrounded by a fish pond) and help yourselves from our honesty bar and enjoy full Digital Satellite Television (DStv). In the evenings guests can choose to enjoy a braai sitting in the boma around a fire or wander into town to sample our local restaurants.
From 07h30 until 09h30 we serve a healthy and delicious English and Continental breakfast which includes fresh fruit, assorted yoghurt, four types of cereal including muesli, cornflakes etc, percolated and instant coffee, variety of teas, milk, bread, cold meat platter and cheese. Complimentary coffee and tea is always available in the guest rooms.
Activities and Attractions
We can also assist in booking the following activities St Lucia and The iSimangaliso Wetlands Park has to offer:
• Big 5 Safaris to the oldest game reserve in South Africa, The Hluhluwe / Umfolozi Game Reserve
• Full day safaris to The World Heritage Site, The iSimangaliso Wetlands Park
• Night drives in the park
• Whale watching in season (June to November)
• Sea Turtle Tours (November to February)
• Horse rides on the beach or in the park
• Kayaking on Lake St Lucia
• Two hour Cruises on Lake St Lucia
• Guided Bird walking tours
This is an owner run establishment and we are on the property 24 / 7.