About Tulbagh Hotel
Tulbagh is located in one of the most scenic valleys of the Cape Winelands, surrounded by majestic mountains, snow capped in winter. Famous for its Cape Dutch architecture, the town features 32 National Monuments in one street alone, and the Tulbagh Hotel is fortunate to incorporate two of these properties as ‘heritage’ annexes to the main building, which was itself founded in 1859.
The hotel has a total of 11 en-suite rooms, three of which are located in our heritage manor house, directly opposite the hotel. The heritage rooms are named after the founding fathers of the town and the Western Cape. Each en suite room has been individually designed to offer an eclectic mix of old world charm and contemporary luxuries.
All of our 11 en-suite rooms have been recently refurbished and incorporate air conditioning, double glazing, flat screen cable TVs, tea and coffee facilities, mini safes, mini bar and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Choose between our spacious Honeymoon suite, Saronsberg suite, 3 luxurious Protea rooms, old world charm in our 3 Heritage Rooms or affordable comfort in the 4 Fynbos rooms. Each room has an individual theme and décor representing the local environment and history.
The restaurant is open to residents and non residents; choose to dine in the restaurant or alfresco on the stoep / patio watching the world go by or in the secluded courtyard, which also features a spit braai / BBQ.
Our sparkling swimming pool is the ideal spot to cool off and relax on hot summers days whilst the roaring fireplace offers a cosy welcome on cold winters days.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive conference package for small to medium size groups which can be adapted to meet your individual requirements. The Tulbagh Hotel benefits from a central location close to all amenities. Our in house facilities include a swimming pool, a comfortable lounge bar and bistro and complimentary wireless internet.
• The hotel has mountain bikes for hire with maps of suggested routes
• Wine tasting and cellar tours at the award winning local vineyards
• Horse Riding
• Visit the Chocolatier
• Fishing on nearby farms.
• Visit the olive farms and dried fruit farm
• Cheese tasting at the local award winning dairy farm
• Shiatsu, aromatherapy, massages and other therapies are available – please ask our friendly reception staff for a complete list of all activities on offer.
• Visit the museum which covers the severe earthquake suffered in 1969 and the subsequent renovations of the historic buildings, one of which forms part of the museum and is furnished and decorated as it would have been in the 1800s