About The Silo Auditorium
Host your conference delegates in the heart of The Old Biscuit Mill in Woodstock, Cape Town. This 19th century concrete silo has been transformed into a Tertiary Design Institution, the Cape Town Creative Academy, a haven for its students, lecturers and now conference delegates.
The refurbished and ‘upcycled’ six-storey high old silo at the Old Biscuit Mill in Woodstock, is the home of the Cape Town Creative Academy and a development that fits perfectly with Cape Town’s designation as World Design Capital (WDC) in 2014. Kristof Basson, who designed some of the most commercially successful creative hubs in the country, has transformed the old silo into a state of the art design space for the CTCA.
The focus is on providing the delegates with what is visually appealing in a functional space. State of the art technology is the order of the day. The conference rooms are equipped with data-projectors, Wi-Fi, Apple-TV and surround sound, a podium and cordless microphone.
• Seating a maximum of 55 people
• Air conditioned space
• Fast Wi-Fi and internet
• Wireless light controls
• Outstanding sound
• Cordless microphone
• Kitchen with fridge-freezer
• Urns and microwave
• Culinary variety; the CTCA is surrounded by some of the best restaurants in Cape Town, including the Test Kitchen, Pot-Luck Club and Burrata
• Artists environment with a multitude of design shops and galleries, including the Silo gallery in the foyer
• Safe parking
• The Silo is wheelchair friendly