About The Shed
Our cottage is a perfect place to relax and unwind after a hard day’s wine tasting, touring, lunching or whatever it is you are doing in the Breede River Valley.
The Shed is a renovated cattle shed on the edge of the pretty Klein Karoo village of McGregor with uninterrupted views of the surrounding hills and fields.
Self Catering Accommodation
The former calving shed has been recently renovated into a comfortable modern one bedroom cottage with magnificent views across the fields. Although we intentionally do not offer the standard technology that is so prevalent today (plasma screens, television, DStv, DVD, video, iPod chargers, stereos, surround sound, radios, computers, ASDL, alarm systems, LCD screens, motorized curtains, CCTV cameras ... not even an incoming telephone line), we do guarantee hundreds of birds at the crack of dawn, including the resident flock of guinea fowl, the silent night with star-filled skies, the occasional call of a pair of neighboring resident fish eagles, the splash of the pool fountain ... if you want to get away from it all, this is your perfect destination.
This stand alone cottage offers the following accommodation:
• Bedroom with an ensuite shower, toilet and floating vanity basin
• All linen and towels are provided. The bedroom has a cupboard, electric blankets and wall panel heater
• Living room with open wood-burning corner fireplace and double doors leading out onto a private garden area with braai facilities and an ice cold plunge pool
• A fully equipped kitchen (double hot plate, microwave, refrigerator, kettle and toaster)
• Unique, custom made large picture windows facing a field of grass and olive trees
• Secure fence surrounding the entire property with off street parking behind a gate
McGregor is a two hour drive along the N1 from Cape Town via Villiersdorp and Grabouw along the N2. The village is situated in the heart of the Breede River valley just fifteen minutes from Robertson and the R62 Wine Route.