About The Ark B&B
The Ark offers stunning views of the sea and mountains. Whale Watching (July to December) from the high balcony, is quite amazing. A short distance away you can see Dyers Island, a sanctuary for many species of sea birds, including the African Penguin, and Geyser Rock, the home of Cape Fur Seals.
We offer 2 double rooms with en-suite facilities, and a large family room with private bathroom. The comfortable guest lounge / dining room is equipped with tea and coffee making facilities, microwave and fridge for your use, TV and radio.
After a hearty breakfast which usually includes fresh home baked bread and muffins, you'll be looking forward to a day of total relaxation on the white beach.
Dining in Pearly Beach
For dinner and a drink you have the choice of a small, rustic pub and a restaurant. Or your host might invite you to the Pearly Beach Club for a good meal, a game of pool or bowls and pleasant company for the evening. The sound of the waves will be your lullaby and the cool night air will be guarantee for a good night's sleep.
• A long hike along the beach to the wreck of a fishing trawler, or in the nearby mountains to admire the beautiful, unique Cape Fynbos vegetation
• A day drive to the historic Mission Town of Elim and Cape Agulhas, the southern most point of Africa, where the Atlantic and the Indian Ocean meet
• A boat based Whale Watching trip, to see the gentle giants close- up
• Cage Diving with the Great White Sharks
• A game of Golf
• Horse riding or Quad biking
• A Tractor and Trailer excursion through the fynbos veld
• Angling off the beach or rocks
• Boat trip on the Klein River, for great bird watching
• Wine tasting