About Stanford Valley Guest Farm
Come and experience the ambience of a Western Cape farm in the mountains. Stanford Valley Guest Farm is nestled in the valley of the Klein Rivier, 10km outside of Stanford village. We offer comfortable accommodation in Stanford in 5 self-catering cottages, 3 self-catering family rooms and 10 large en-suite rooms.
Enjoy our safe and peaceful haven, have an exhilarating swim in our large dam or go hiking. Don't be surprised if you startle a duiker or ribbok on the way! On our 440ha farm we grow organic rose geranium and lavender for essential oils. Our Afrikaner herd helps to restore our soil and you will meet our chicken, ducks and geese roaming freely. The prestigious future thinking and sustainability festival “freewheeling” was conceived at Stanford Valley and is held here annually in late summer. For three days some of South Africa's leading thinkers, economists, scientists, artists, environmentalists convene here to share and dialogue their latest ideas with hundreds of festival guests.
All ten en-suite double/twin rooms have a superb view, a private veranda and a secluded garden, some have also outside showers. The five older cottages and the family rooms, like the 150-year-old ‘Stables Cottage’, have reed and beam ceilings, modern en-suite bathrooms and kitchenettes. The new rooms have been built in a similar charming old style with all the modern conveniences.
Old meets new in our 100-year-old barn, which has been artfully converted into a state-of-the-art Conference Centre. This venue comfortably accommodates up to 30 delegates in a U-shape, up to 100 delegates in cinema style and is equipped with data projector, TV, VCR and flip charts. Breakaway rooms are also available. Wireless internet connection is provided. Conference costs will vary according to catering, equipment and accommodation needs. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
The charming, historic village of Stanford is 7min down the road. Endless beaches near Hermanus and De Kelders are close by. Activities in the Area include: whale watching and shark cage diving, sunset cruises on the Klein River, horse riding, trout fishing, mountain biking, quad biking, and winery or brewery tours.
Things to Do
If you want to chill:
• Swim in our large dam and relax taking in the panoramic view
• Take a sunset cruise on the Klein River with “The African Queen”
• Visit the Klein River Cheese factory with their award winning cheese, just 2km away and perhaps buy a delicious picnic lunch there
• Go whale watching at De Kelders or Hermanus
• Have a wine tasting at Raka winery, just 3km away or have a beer tasting at the Birkenhead Brewery near Stanford
• Visit the charming Bric a Brac and antique shops in the historic village of Stanford
For our more adventurous guests:
• Great White shark cage diving at Gansbaai
• Boat-based Whale Watching from Gansbaai or Hermanus
• Hiking on our 440ha farm or walking in the mountains at Salmonsdam Nature Reserve just 5km away or at Fernkloof Nature Reserve near Hermanus
• Horse riding trails in the mountains and on the beach
• Canoeing in the Klein river
Places to go nearby:
• Visit Hermanus for the best land-based whale-watching in the world and a visit to the Saturday Organic Farmer's Market at the Montessori School (25km)
• Drive to Struisbaai with its picturesque harbour and splendid beaches and Cape Agulhas, the Southern most point in Africa (100km)
• Visit Arniston fishing village with the famous “Waenhuiskrans” cave and pristine beaches (100km)
• Wallow in the hot springs at “Caledon Casino & Spa” (50km)
• Visit the old Moravian Mission at Genadendal and the charming village of Greyton, which also has an excellent Saturday Farmer's Market (80km)