About South Point Self Catering and B&B
Walk down to the southern most tip of Africa, where the Indian and Atlantic oceans meet. Watch the sun set beyond the shipwreck and the Historic Lighthouse.
South Point Self Catering and B&B, is situated 200 metres from the gates to the Agulhas National Park, in the picturesque town of L’Agulhas. The area is known as Cape Agulhas and forms part of the Overberg region in the Western Cape.
Only the quaint local caravan park separates South Point from the sea, huge tidal pools and ancient fish traps. Just 1 minute walk away are 4 restaurants, coffee shops and local crafts and arts.
South Point is a small personal establishment consisting of six very affordable, well appointed, self catering units, in a sheltered court-garden setting.
The units are fully equipped from crisp cotton linen and white towels to microwaves, free Wi-Fi and satelite televisions with sport, movie and news channels. All of the units have separate entrances, each their own lounge, and fully equipped kitchen to afford our guests privacy and the self catering option if they so choose.
Enjoy the still, serene Agulhas nights on your private patio whilst you braai (barbeque), or pop down to one of the local restaurants, all are within a one minute walk.
We have a laundrette on the premises, and offer a drop off service whilst you explore our tranquil, picturesque town.
Breakfast is an optional extra as most of our guests choose to take a leisurely one minute walk to the historic lighthouse, and, after exploring the lighthouse tower and museum, enjoy a typical South African or Health breakfast at the local coffee shop.
We take pride in our reputation for cleanliness, affordability, enthusiasm and “good energy” and one of our recent guests commented as follows:
“It is such a pleasure to leave with pleasant thoughts of warm hospitality, and good value for money.”
Note: No pets allowed and no smoking in all rooms.
Activities and restaurants
On our doorstep:
• The southern most tip of Africa, where the Indian and Atlantic oceans meet
• Cape Agulhas Historic Lighthouse and Museum which houses a unique restaurant
• Agulhas National Park
• Ancient fish traps and tidal pools for safe swimming
• Suidpunt Potpourri, local crafts and coffee shop
• Southern Wright Art gallery
• Lighthouse Restaurant (in our working lighthouse)
• Angelo’s restaurant
• L’Agulhas Seafoods
• Shipwreck galley
• Zuidste Kaap restaurant
• Coastal Safaris
• Fynbos hiking trails
• Whale watching
• Bird watching
• Struisbaai with its traditional colourful fishing harbour
• The longest uninterrupted white sand beach in the southern hemisphere
• The Shell shop
• South Bound - well worth a visit for arts and crafts, gifts and souvenirs
• Boat based whale watching
• Chartered fishing trips
Unfortunately we do not accept animals.