Welcome to South Point Self Catering and B&B on SA-Venues.com, offering 3 star graded accommodation in L'Agulhas, Cape Agulhas.
South Point Self Catering and B&B, is situated 200 metres from the gates to the Agulhas National Park, in the picturesque town of L’Agulhas, which is the Southern most town at the tip of Africa, where the Indian and Atlantic oceans meet. The area is known as Cape Agulhas and forms part of the Overberg region in the Western Cape.
Only the quaint local caravan park separates South Point from the sea, huge tidal pools and ancient fish traps. Within a 1 minute walk are 4 restaurants, 3 coffee shops and local crafts and arts.
South Point is a small personal establishment consisting of four very affordable, well appointed, self catering units, in a sheltered court-garden setting.
The units are fully equipped from crisp cotton linen and white towels to microwaves and televisions with 6 channels. All of the units have separate entrances, each their own lounge, and fully equipped kitchen to afford our guests privacy and the self catering option if they so choose. NO PETS ALLOWED, NO SMOKING ALLOWED IN ROOMS.
Enjoy the still, serene Agulhas nights on your private patio whilst you braai (barbeque) or pop down to one of the local restaurants, all are within a one minute walk,
Breakfast is an optional extra as most of our guests choose to take a leisurely one minute walk to the historic lighthouse, and, after exploring the lighthouse tower and museum, enjoy a typical South African or Health breakfast.
We have a laundrette on the premises, and offer a drop off service whilst you explore our tranquil, picturesque town.
We take pride in our reputation for cleanliness, affordability, enthusiasm and “good energy” and one of our recent guests commented as follows:
“It is such a pleasure to leave with pleasant thoughts of warm hospitality, and good value for money.”
Activities and restaurants
On our doorstep:
• The southern most tip of Africa, where the Indian and Atlantic oceans meet
• Cape Agulhas Historic Lighthouse and Museum which houses a unique restaurant
• Agulhas National Park
• Ancient fish traps and tidal pools for safe swimming
• Suidpunt Potpourri, local crafts and coffee shop
• Southern Wright Art gallery
• Lighthouse Restaurant (in our working lighthouse)
• Angelo’s restaurant
• L’Agulhas Seafoods
• Shipwreck galley
• Zuidste Kaap restaurant
• Coastal Safaris
• Fynbos hiking trails
• Whale watching
• Bird watching
• Struisbaai with its traditional colourful fishing harbour
• The longest uninterrupted white sand beach in the southern hemisphere
• The Shell shop
• South Bound - well worth a visit for arts and crafts, gifts and souvenirs
• Boat based whale watching
• Chartered fishing trips
• De Mond Nature Reserve
• The Moravian missionary village of Elim
• Arniston / Waenhuiskrans with a cave so big that 6 oxen and a wagon can turn in it
• Kassies Baai, the historic fishermans village which is a national monument in it’s entirety
• De Hoop Nature Reserve
• The pont at Malgas on the Breede River and the Bontebok National Park
• Bredasdorp, the shipwreck museum, Kapula candle factory, Julian’s ceramics and restaurant
• Eat at Bredasdorp Square
• Agulhas wine route
• Farm restaurants
Unfortunately we do not accept animals.
ACCREDITATIONS (as claimed by the establishment)