About South of Africa Self Catering
This lovely Mediterranean style home nestled in a tranquil garden is ideally situated in beautiful Cape Agulhas at the Southernmost tip of Africa. The historic Cape Agulhas Lighthouse and of course the Southernmost tip of the African continent are close by.
Self Catering Accommodation
The Accommodation sleeps 8 guests comfortably. 6 guests in the main house and 2 guests in the adjoining guest suite. The main house has a family bathroom and shower en suite to the main bedroom. The Guest suite also has a shower en suite.
All accommodation is fully equipped for your self catering holiday. Braai / Barbecue facilities provided. The accommodation also boasts a large patio, large fireplace, a garden deck in front of the guest suite with stunning views over the hills and surrounding nature reserve. There is also a lovely upper roof deck with Sea views and views of the surrounding hills and nature reserve as well.
Off-street parking. Free wifi is also provided for your convenience. For DStv, guests must please bring their own smart card and DStv decoder.
Activities and Attractions
Conveniently close to restaurants, pubs, art galleries, coffee bars, wine boutique yet quietly secluded, surrounded by nature, abundant bird life, buck roaming free and the sound of the ocean is but a beat away.
New boardwalks have recently been built to enable you to walk along this stunning coastline all the way to the southernmost tip of the African continent. The region offers wonderful retreats for both the weary and the adventurous traveller.
Things To Do Include:
• Climb to the top of the lighthouse tower and visit the lighthouse museum
• Watch whales, dolphins, seals and sting rays
• Visit the most southerly point in Africa where the Indian and Atlantic Oceans meet
• Explore rock pools and ancient Khoi fish traps
• Visit local craft shops and art galleries
• Visit our local wine boutique and taste a selection of beautiful wines
• Hike the Rasperpunt and Two Oceans trails in the nearby Agulhas Park
• Walk the Spookdraai Hiking Trail and enjoy the Fynbos and bird life
• Good fishing opportunities from boats , harbour or beach
• Enjoy ‘catch of the day’ available at the quaint fishing harbours of Struisbaai / Waenhuiskrans
• Swim in any one of the four local tidal pools in Agulhas
• Mountain bike tracks
• June to December offers whale watching trips from Struisbaai Harbour