About Southford Cottage
Southford Cottage is situated on a scenic sheep and horse stud farm on the banks of the Orange River. It lies between South Africa’s two major dams, seven kilometres below the Gariep Dam and 60 kilometres above the Van Der Kloof Dam. Norval’s Pont is two kilometres away. The farm is on the R58 and is 38 kilometres from Colesberg and 10 kilometres from Gariep Dam village.
This ideal family stop over or weekend getaway spot offers two spacious, charmingly decorated private family suites with four large bedrooms, sleeping eight to ten guests with comfort.
• Fans in summer, heaters and electric blankets in winter
• Lounge with DStv and log fires in winter
• Cape cottage furniture in dining room
• Original artwork throughout
• Farm kitchen and barbeque facilities for self-catering
• Coffee, tea and milk gratis
• Large, tranquil, shady garden overlooking horse paddocks
• Pets by arrangement
• Air-conditioned main bedroom
Enjoy English breakfasts and farm style dinners, with Karoo lamb being the specialty.
Activities and Attractions
The farm has so much to offer besides wide open spaces, fresh air and pure beauty, these include:
• Fly fishing
• Bird watching
• Walks through tree lined paddocks
• The Gariep Dam (sailing, waterskiing)
• Golf courses
• Gariep Nature Reserve