Map showing Shelley Point Lighthouse Villa
Directions to Shelley Point Lighthouse Villa
From Stellenbosch/Somerset West:
• Take the R304/302 via Malmesbury joining the N7.
• From the N7 turn left onto the R45 (via Hopefield)
• At the R27 (West Coast Road) crossroad, turn right (left takes one back to Cape Town).
• About 5km on turn left onto a 4km stretch of untarred road (sign says to “St. Helena Bay”). This will bring you to the R399 cross Road (right takes one to Velddrif and left takes you back to Vredenburg).
• Cross over the intersection and follow the road to Stompneus Bay via st. Helena Bay.
Note: This route bypasses Vredenburg saving 20 km. However, if you need to go into Vredenburg itself or prefer a tar road, then cross over the intersection and travel 9 km to the town. Turn right at the first set of robots(i.e. the route to Velddrif) and approximately 9 km on, take a left turn to St Helena Bay.
• Travel 17km (in a westerly direction) passing the following landmarks:
Laingville, St. Helena Hotel, Police Station, St. Helena Shopping Centre/Total petrol pumps, Da Gama Monument, gravel road to Paternoster/Vredenburg.
• Bypass the Stompneus Bay fishing village on the left (affectionately know as “Smartie town”, because of the brightly-painted roofs).
• At the end of this settlement turn left (signboards say Britannia Bay and Shelley Point, After 200 metres, turn right (big Shelley Point boards just in front of the road) travel along this road, until you arrive at the Shelley Point Gates on your right.
• Sign in at the gate and then pass through, continue on this road, turn right into 5th Avenue at the 2nd roundabout.
• Continue with this road and turn left into 3rd Avenue. Continue straight with this road and take a sharp right and then a mediate left into 14th street.
• Continue straight until you find the last house on this street on the left hand side.