About Schulphoek Seafront Guest House
Schulphoek Seafront Guest House is situated on the Schulphoek Bay, a protected sanctuary with spectacular sea views and a favourite spot for viewing Southern Right Whales from June to early December. Minutes away from Hermanus town centre and within 1 hour of Cape Town International Airport.
Come and relax in the stylish atmosphere of Schulphoek Seafront Guest House in Hermanus, where an eclectic mixture of old and new finds Africa merging with the sea. From the couches in the lounge, one can enjoy a spectacular view of the whales frolicking in the bay, or devour a good book and relax.
Schulphoek Seafront Guest House offers 7 spacious, individually decorated suites, each with a unique bathroom.
All rooms are fitted with
• King-size, queen-size or twin beds
• 100% percale cotton linen, Mohair blankets, goose down duvets or silk duvets
• Overhead fans and air-conditioners, wall-heaters or fire places
• Safes and Heated towel rails
• Gowns and slippers
• Bath & shower or spa-bath & shower and his / her basins
• Built-in cupboards, desks, comfortable seating and books / magazines
• Radio and clock / cd player
• Tea and coffee trays, sherry and mineral water
• TV and VCR or DVD
Schulphoek Guesthouse is well known for its delectable food, with fresh herbs and vegetables organically grown in the potager. Fresh seafood and in-season shellfish as well as venison are our favourites. Our professionally appointed Lacanche kitchen is staffed with a talented local chef, who will happily create a menu around your tastes and preferences. Join us for a 4-course menu du jour, served at our social table, in our seafront dining room.
All of this is complemented with a collection of over 7000 bottles of regional South African red and white wine (fully licensed). Enjoy a cup of espresso coffee whilst simply indulging in lazy days of sun and delicious cuisine.
Amenities and Services
• Seafront dining room serving lunches (on request) and 4 course dinners (every evening)
• Honesty bar (fully licensed) and wine cellar
• Beauty therapies (by appointment only)
• Heated salt water swimming pool
• Outside braai
• On site secure, covered parking
• Guest lounge and summer house
• Laundry facility
• Credit card (Visa / Mastercard / Diners)
• Children by arrangement
• Interactive hosting - Daily outings planned
• Whale watching (rocks and boat based)
• Golf (2 x 18 hole courses: Arabella and Hermanus and 9 hole course: Kleinmond)
• Wine routes: Hemel & Aarde Valley
• Boat based fishing (own boat) and great white shark adventures
• Mountain and fynbos walks in nature reserves: Fernkloof and Harold Porter
• Birding - marine and river
• Sunset river cruises and beaches
• Visit a penguin colony
• Dune horse riding