About Rosedale Guest Suite
Rosedale Guest Suite cottage shares the property with the main house which is a national monument situated in Meadway, where the first house was built in Pinelands Garden City in 1923. Both have closed thatch roofs adding a country feel to the establishment.
Rosedale has a 4 star grading offering a comfortable upmarket, spacious and affordable accommodation for business or holiday travellers, requiring close proximity to hospitals such as Vincent Pallotti, Red Cross and Groote Schuur, or looking for a home-from home base for short or longer stays. Surrounded by large trees bordering a park, Rosedale is a deceptively quiet locality notwithstanding it’s proximity to restaurants and shops.
Self Catering Accommodation
Rosedale is a fully self-contained self-catering cottage tastefully furnished comprising a large lounge with satellite TV; a large bedroom with dressing table, spacious cupboards, an electronic safe, choice of twin or King size beds, plus a compact radio / CD player, bathroom with bath and glassed door shower and a fully equipped kitchen comprising a cooker top, counter top oven griller, microwave oven, fridge, toaster, kettle, crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.
All bedding, towels, toiletries and kitchen cleaning materials are supplied. Laundry facilities can be provided by arrangement. An Iron, ironing board and hairdryer are provided. Wall mounted heaters are fitted in the bedroom and lounge to ensure your comfort. A hospitality bar can be made available upon request. Internet access is via WiFi whilst access to facilities for faxing and printing is also available on request.
French doors lead out from the lounge onto a north-west facing patio overlooking a swimming pool and well kept secluded walled garden with large trees and shrubs, ideal for barbequing or simply chilling out in the tranquil environment.
Complementary beverages such as tea and coffee are provided together with milk and rusks / biscuits to ensure that guests are able to enjoy a refreshment on arrival. Additional basic consumables can be provided by arrangement at the time of booking,
Other features include: secure off-road parking behind an automated gate; good security systems, and lit up garden at night.
Attractions and Activities
Rosedale is well situated to facilitate your business, shopping and travel needs as Pinelands is extremely well positioned being one kilometre from the N2 motorway system with easy to access links to the N1, M3 and M5. Taxi companies, providing a quick and reliable service, can be booked by phone for persons who do not have their own transport.
• A two minute walk from shopping facilities which include: ATM’s; restaurant, chemist, supermarket, bakery, butcher, florist, dry cleaning, coffee shop (serves an early breakfast), fast-food, hairdresser, travel agent and fish shop amongst others. The Pinelands Tennis Club and Pinelands Bowling Club are also in very close proximity.
• Ten minute walk to railway station.
• One km drive to Vincent Pallotti and approximately 2 kms to the Red Cross Hospitals
• Five minute drive to the well established Howard Shopping Centre with leading South African chain stores, banks, restaurants, post office book shops etc. Mowbray and Rondebosch Golf Courses, both well established traditional courses, are also easily accessed
• Ten minute drive to City or airport, various business centres as well as Groote Schuur Hospital and the University of Cape Town.
• Fifteen to 30 min drive to the majority of Cape Town’s tourist attractions viz: wine farms, V&A Waterfront, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, beaches, Table Mountain, Century City / Canal Walk and Cavendish Square Shopping Malls and city restaurants.
We will gladly provide you with assistance regarding any specific requirements such as: tours, route-planning, ideas on what to see, where to eat in and around Cape Town, medical facilities, filling stations and entertainment.
Rosedale Guest Suite is a non-smoking establishment.
We are unable to accommodate pets.