About River Edge
At River Edge you are surrounded by mountains that turn pink at sunset, vineyards stretching to the horizon, fynbos alive with small wildlife, and the Breede River on your doorstep – and yet you are only an hour away from Cape Town.
These beautiful stone-clad river houses offer a luxurious, relaxing and tranquil stay – the ideal break for the jaded urbanite seeking an authentic country experience.
These houses boast a trendy open-plan kitchen, lounge with a cozy fireplace, two - three beautifully decorated rooms and bathrooms that are the perfect bolt holes for romantic getaways.
The interior has been given a contemporary kick with a palette of neutrals peppered with bright colored soft furnishings. The swanky sundecks with sunken Jacuzzis and open fireplaces make this the best sundowner spots on the Breede River!!
The houses are named after the owner’s 4 boys, Joubert, Jan Albert, Willem Hendrik and Benjamin.
The 5th house is called Coetzer. A great idea is to book all the houses for your birthday and have the party on Coetzer house’s deck. Maybe attach a bedou én tent? Remember to ask us for a quote for your catering
• Bath towels are provided.
• Guests can bring extra towels for use at the river.
• Beds are covered with cotton percale linen and down duvets as well as electric blankets for our snowy winters.
• All houses equipped with LCD TV’S and DSTV!
• Pets can come on holiday too with prior arrangement.
• Kids from all ages are welcome! Playing on the farm will give them bright eyes and rosy cheeks!