About River Crossing B&B and SC
River Crossing is set on 100 acres of land with magnificent, panoramic views of the lush farmlands of the Champagne Valley and the mountains, Cathkin Peak and Champagne Castle.
Situated in the Central Drakensberg, which forms part of the World Heritage Site. River Crossing is bounded by both the Mtoti and the Sterkspruit Rivers and local reedbuck and duiker, which are frequently spotted, take their refuge in the surrounding riverine vegetation.
Our stylish, luxurious and romantic décor, combined with great value for money, has made us a favourite destination for honeymoon couples, wedding guests, golfers, international and local tourists and also conference delegates who attend conferences at nearby hotels such as Drakensberg Sun or Champagne Sports Resort.
A total of 14 bedrooms (all bedrooms have en-suite bathroom with shower except 1 has a bath), sleeping 28 to 30 guests split as follows:
Villa Adamo (2 bedrooms in total):
Home of Dr Ernest & Michelle Adams, your hosts, offers 2 double B&B bedrooms with en-suite bathroom/shower, small fridge, DStv with hotel bouquet, private Patio door 1 Bedroom has Queen Size bed and the other bedroom has twin beds which can convert to King size. Semi self-cater with access to braai / cutlery / crockery. No lounge facility. Relax at covered lapa. Mobile heaters and fans.
Villa Toscana (4 bedrooms in total):
Accommodation suitable for large family or can also be used as 4 individual B&B rooms for conference attendees. It has a fully equipped kitchen and open plan lounge / dinette with fireplace - provide own wood. 3 Bedrooms have Queen Size beds and the 4th bedroom has twin beds which can convert to King size. Mobile heaters and fans.
Villa Venezia (2 X 2 bedroom suites –adjacent):
This villa comprises 4 en-suite bedrooms with shower. This villa is divided into two adjacent but separate 2 bedroom self-cater suites with divided patio too. One bedroom queen and other twin per suite. Each suite has own private entrance, open plan lounge / dinette / kitchenette (fully equipped), with DStv in the lounge. Mobile braai facility available. Mobile heaters and fans.
Villa Romanza (2 X 2 bedroom suites –adjacent):
This villa comprises 4 en-suite bedrooms, one with a bath which honeymooners enjoy. This villa is divided into two adjacent but separate 2 bedroom self-cater suites. One bedroom queen and other twin per suite. Each suite has own private entrance, open plan lounge / dinette / kitchenette (fully equipped), with DStv in the lounge. Mobile braai facility available. Mobile heaters and fans.
There is an option to include breakfast in all types of accommodation offered. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided for guests staying on a Bed and Breakfast basis.
Set behind the swimming pool, it has a magnificent panoramic view of the mountains and surrounding areas. Fully enclosable it has an open fireplace.
Uses of the Lapa include;
• Breakfast venue for B&B guests
• Wedding venue - all equipment and catering has to be brought in by the wedding planners / organizers. Conditions apply.
• Table tennis and darts for relaxation.
We host various types of functions in our lovely Lapa which can be fully enclosed or open fronted. The Lapa overlooks the pool and faces out to a splendid panorama. There is a Ladies and Gentleman ablution block nearby with toilets and showers. The Lapa accommodates up to 70 people seated and in excess of 250 people in a marquee. We can advise on caterers within our proximity with whom arrangements can be made to provide meals, cutlery, crockery, seating, marquees etc., where this is required.
• Fishing in our two very small dams and two rivers on the farm
• Small game spotting
• River walks
• Mountain biking
• Swimming in sparkling pool
• Relaxing on sun-beds in the Lapa
Dr Ernest and Michelle Adams enjoy making their guests feel at home and this as well as the amazing views and sense of peace and tranquility are regular comments in our guest book.
• Drakensberg Boy’s Choir School regular Wednesday concerts during term
• Champagne Sports Resort - a favourite destination for golf being a premier South African course
• Great hiking options at nearby Monk’s Cowl Nature Reserve and about an hour away from Cathedral Peak and Didima, where you can view Bushmen rock paintings in caves, by arrangement
• Our many international guests take day trips from our centrally placed B&B to experience the Amphitheatre and Chain ladder at Royal Natal National park and also the Thukela Falls, one of the 4 highest falls in the world
• Adrenaline junkies have fun at nearby 4 River Rafting where they enjoy quad biking, abseiling, zip-lining, white water rafting, mountain boarding and archery
• Horse Riding Trails take you either through forests or over hill and dale and along streams. Spioenkop Nature Reserve is also great for horse-riding amongst the game animals such as rhino, wildebeest, giraffe, kudu etc
• Learn about the Boer, Brit and Zulu wars and view nearby Battlefield sites and memorials
• Variety of restaurants and coffee shops where you can have light meals, mega buffets, A la carte meals or delicious waffles and cakes. Do not miss trying out the mouth-watering trout which is a favourite in our area
• Helicopter flips, landing up on our nearby mountains (where you can sip champagne), has provided our guests with great opportunities for marriage proposals or other celebrations!
• Falcon Ridge outdoor Bird Show has delighted all of our guests who have seen it
• Tourist Centre nearby with comprehensive information
• Two convenience shops nearby and a petrol bollard
• Drakensberg Tree Top Canopy Tours
• Spa and beauty treatments nearby