Welcome to Richmond House Cottages on SA-Venues.com, offering 4 star graded accommodation in Port Alfred, Sunshine Coast.
Richmond House is a 7-acre hilltop estate on the west bank of the Kowie River. It commands breathtaking views of the river mouth, piers and East Beach, and has an illustrious 170-year old history. It was originally owned by the Hon William Cock, 1820 settler and entrepreneur, who in the 1840s ‘moved’ the river and built the harbour. Soirees are held in the museum on site, which houses salvaged artifacts and the wonderful story of what was formerly ‘The Castle’.
Self Catering Accommodation
Our three charming cottages are comfortably furnished, generously equipped and serviced. Each has its own special décor and ambience, offering a cosy, tranquil and historically interesting stay. Enjoy birdsong, shady ancient trees, pristine coastal bush - and unmatched views from the garden!
Both Fig Tree Cottage and Ship Ahoy Cottage have two bedrooms each (twin and double beds). Each has one full bathroom (bath and shower) and an outside shower open to trees and stars. Kitchens have automatic dishwashers. Perfect for a couple or small family!
Sandymount Cottage is a bed-sitter with covered verandah, ideal for a single guest or couple. It has a well-designed kitchen and bathroom with shower.
We want our guests to experience:
• A retreat where privacy and rest are guaranteed, with all comforts provided, yet where guests can determine their own schedules
• A tranquil, private garden full of birds and Eastern Cape flora - and the best views Port Alfred can offer
• A full range of services (including laundry) on site, as well as local recreational activities - including both beach and river a short walk away.
Services and Facilities
• A select list of fine dining venues
• A breakfasts, and picnic baskets for day outings (with advance notice and at additional cost)
• A mini conference facility
• A babysitting (advance notice required)
Attractions and Activities
Beaches, boating, surfing, canoeing, fishing, river cruises, hiking, historic 1820 settler sites, Bathurst village and game lodges nearby. Famous Woody Cape dunes, Diaz Cross and Addo forest in vicinity. New Port Alfred Hospital and Rosehill shopping Mall.
Richmond House estate offers:
Birdwatching, garden strolls, a billiard room, the Museum and Music Room, a Cape country antique shop (including renovated architectural fittings).
ACCREDITATIONS (as claimed by the establishment)