About Pumba Private Game Reserve
Only 105km from Port Elizabeth, Pumba Private Game Reserve is in the heart of the Eastern Cape malaria-free game viewing region. With its 5-star Game Lodge luxury, visitors have every opportunity to enjoy the ultimate essence of South Africa's luxury and style.
Pumba Private Game Reserve is home to Africa's Big 5, where visitors have a chance to experience many of Africa's wonders, from giraffe to the elusive leopard, antelope, other small game and over 300 species of birds. The unique vegetation of the Eastern Cape is favoured by elephants in the dense bushveld environment.
The luxurious lodge at Pumba Private Game Reserve comprises 12 stone-walled, thatched, waterfront cottages. Leading off meandering timber footpaths, the cottages open up onto private timber game viewing decks with outside showers and plunge pools.
The bedrooms and bathrooms offer underfloor heating, dreamy, free-standing bathtubs, double basins, terry towel bathrobes and splendid appointments to create an ambience of luxurious indulgence. Air-conditioning, earthenware fireplaces and fine linen ensure your absolute comfort.
Your stay at Pumba Game Reserve is Fully Inclusive (all meals, local beverages and game activities are included).
In-room facilities include
• air-conditioning and heating, fireplace
• tea/coffee making facilities
• mini-bar fridge
• binoculars, bird and animal books
• telephone, alarm clock, mini electronic safe
• separate bath and shower, with heated towel rails and twin vanities
• private game-viewing deck and outdoor shower and plunge pool
A thatched restaurant, from where meals can be served in a variety of locations - central dining room, main decks or boma. Private candlelit dinners can be arranged on request. The Cocktail Bush bar, at the lodge and day centre is fully stocked with a range of local and international drinks. All local beers, ciders, soft drinks and house wines are complimentary and guests can browse through our vintage wine cellar.
• Guest Lounge, with satellite TV
• Pool and sun deck, Boma
• Game Viewing deck
• Waterfront floating pier and sundeck
• Curio Shop, for locally produced curios, artworks and clothing. Also has postcards and sunscreens.
• Guest Library
• Day Safari Centre for day visitors
A conference room, seating 20 delegates, is also available.