About Patcham Place B&B
Patcham Place is situated in the heart of the delightful mountain village of Clarens in the Eastern Free State. The village is only 15km. from the beautiful Golden Gate National Park in the foothills of the Maluti Mountains. Interesting bird life abounds in the area.
The village and surrounds are peaceful and safe and have good restaurants, pubs and coffee shops; and a host of art galleries, shops and other places of interest. With it’s central location, Clarens is an ideal stopover point for for the traveler or a wonderful destination in itself. People often choose Clarens as a venue for weddings, and there are guest farms in the area where weddings are catered for.
Patcham Place offers five cheerful and sunny rooms. All the rooms look onto our tranquil garden, a must for the avid bird watcher. There is a DStv bouquet comprising of eight sport channels, movie channels and M-Net. There is also Wi-Fi available.
• Bronze Sunbird can be a twin or a King room with shower only and has a Balcony with stunning Mountain Views.
• Marico Sunbird is a room with a Queen Bed with a shower and has a Balcony with stunning Mountain Views.
• Malachite Sunbird can be a twin or King room with shower only and has Balcony with stunning Mountain Views.
• Miombo Sunbird is a Twin room with kitchenette and shower only and a bigger balcony.
• The Sunbird has a Queen Size bed, this room is situated on the garden level with it’s own patio.
All rooms have underfloor heating, heaters in the bathrooms and electric blankets.
We provide an excellent breakfast in our pleasant dining room which leads out onto our sun deck overlooking the garden, which makes for a private and intimate area to relax and enjoy your meal.
Children of twelve years and older are welcome.
Guests can relax in comfort and walk to restaurants and shops in perfect safety.
Many outdoor activities are available, including hiking/walking, tennis, golf, horse riding, fishing, game drives, white water rafting, abseiling and quad biking.