About Ocean View Lodge
Wake up to the smell of the Indian Ocean and enjoy the magnificent views stretching all the way across the pristine blue flag rated beach of Brenton-on-Sea to Buffels Bay. It is almost as though you can see forever.
Ocean View Lodge offers comfortable and affordable accommodation in non-smoking double bedrooms en suite. Each room has a breathtaking view of the Indian Ocean and a veranda. All of the bedrooms are equipped with a tv and a radio/dvd player. Some of the rooms have a mini fridge, microwave & kettle. Larger families can book a family suite with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and an inter-leading door.
The lodge boasts a large sparkling swimming pool, volleyball court and restaurant. Stroll through our lovely gardens and explore the "fynbos" trail on our own private Nature Reserve. There is bird life in abundance and you may even spot some duikers, deer or the elusive Brenton Blue butterfly. You may wish to take it easy and enjoy sundowners from your patio or the pool area, watching the sunset in the most scenic of surroundings.
Conveniently situated in Brenton on Sea, you are a short 10 minute scenic drive away from Knysna and all that this delightful coastal town on the Garden Route of the Western Cape has to offer. Use Ocean View Lodge as your home base and explore the areas from George to Plettenberg Bay. This area is home to many exciting festivals, such as the Pink Loerie Festival, The Knysna Oyster Festival to name but a few, cycling, mountain biking and many running events. This area is also a golfers paradise.
All double bedrooms are en-suite and have breathtaking views of the warm Indian Ocean with a veranda area. Each room is equipped with a 40" tv and a radio/dvd player. Some of the rooms have a mini fridge, microwave & kettle.
Larger families can book a family suite with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and an inter-leading door.
Ocean View Lodge has a restaurant where you can enjoy a hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs, toast and assortment of jam. Listen to romantic music while admiring Brenton's sunset.
Sometimes you can see the famous "green flash" when the sun disappears in the Indian Ocean.
Beach volley ball court for energetic, swimming pool and hikes on the property to the picnic spot on the top of the hill.
Conference facilities for up to 16 people. Please contact us for more information.
he wedding venue at Ocean View Lodge is suitable for a wedding party consisting of up to 100 persons. The wedding ceremony can be held in our new gazebo. Please contact us for more information.
ATTRACTIONS & ACTIVITIES:
• Spend the afternoon at our crystal clear swimming pool or relax at the Brenton-On-Sea "blue flag status" beach
• Nature trail (+/- 6 km) amongst Southern Cape fynbos and indigenous trees
• Take a walk along the beach from Brenton-on-Sea to Buffalo Bay
• Stroll along the Knysna Lagoon towards the Featherbed Nature Reserve
• Watch dolphins and in season whales playing in the warm water of the Indian Ocean
• Take a scenic drive along the famous Garden Route
• Visit Oudtshoorn for a day and see the amazing Cango Caves
• Join a boat ride on the Knysna Lagoon and to the Knysna Heads
• Hug and touch an elephant at the Knysna Elephant Park
• Get close to our predecessors and experience an unforgettable tour through Monkeyland
• Play a round of golf on one of the many excellent golf courses along the Garden Route
• Go up into the sky - a helicopter or microlight flight shows you the beautiful Garden Route from above
• Enjoy real nature at the Knysna Forest, Nature's Valley and at the Tsitsikamma National Park
• See the "Big Five" in an malaria free environment less then 45 minutes away
• Do some water sports - boating, yachting and kayaking as well as scuba diving and water skiing
• Shop to your hearts content in Knysna's craft and arts markets as well as the Knysna Waterfront