About Noordhoek Heron Chase Guest House
Noordhoek Heron Chase Guest House is situated on a one acre rural property in Noordhoek, Cape Town. This two bedroom restored barn-cottage offers sea, mountain and wooded views. Massive windows and sliding doors make this an exceptionally light and sunny barn ensuring you will feel relaxed and on holiday the moment you step in.
Looking down over the land you can watch the horses swishing their tails under the trees below you. The garden is mostly indigenous and the wild flowers bring the butterflies and sunbirds. There is a resident Spotted Eagle Owl that frequently sits on a low hanging branch directly in front of the main bedroom.
Self Catering Accommodation
Both of the stunning bedrooms are en-suite and the main bedroom is a spacious luxury open plan bathroom / bedroom with separate private loo. The lounge is decorated with two lavishly cushioned day beds and opens out onto a large wooden deck.
Activities and Attractions
Noordhoek offers a multitude of attractions and I will list just a few!
• Chapman’s Peak is the perfect place to drive up, cycle, walk or run and watch the sun go down. This is spectacular and a never to be forgotten experience and one never to get bored of!
• The beach, a fabulous long beach where you can take a long walk to the ship wreck, surf, take memorable photographs or simply relax and watch the horses run on the beach.
• Silvermine Nature Reserve, some of the best mountain biking, trail walking or running you can get. The bonus is you can swim in the dam at the top and picnic!
• It is a short drive to Hout Bay, Fish Hoek and Kalk Bay. A great outing is to walk along the beach and railway line from Kalk Bay to Muizenberg for breakfast.
• Our local restaurants and pubs prevent you from ever needing to go far. The Food Barn and Deli and The Toad in the Noordhoek Farm Village. The Red Herring, Monkey Valley resort and Cape Point Vineyards are to name just a few.
• Then there is the amazing cycle or drive to Cape Point, passing Misty Cliffs and Simons Town.