About Millerd Mountain Lodge
Nestled below the majestic Avoca Peak lies a tranquil cottage situated next to a fresh water stream flowing in from the of the Avoca valley. Millerd cottage will provide for you, your family and friends the ideal venue to relax and unwind. Feel free to do your “own thing” in this stunning environment and at the same time your hosts, Geoff and Valana, will ensure that you are comfortable and happy.
The cottage has an idyllic setting and is situated approximately 60km from the Tiffendell ski resort, 60km from the village of Rhodes and 36km from the town of Barkly East. You, alone, have access to a pristine valley where you are able to walk, cycle, fish, relax, swim and generally lose yourself in the beauty of the oldest farm in the district.
For those interested in fishing, you have sole right to 12km of private fishing, and can add to your day by swimming in the numerous river pools that form part of the river. Avoca peak forms a daunting challenge for the keen hiker whilst numerous other strolls / walks are available to those who want to take it easy. Mountain biking is a favourite past time of many visitors to the area and the tracks and roads on the farm and in the valley will allow you to challenge yourself at high altitude.
The Millerd cottage is a self-catering unit and forms part of the Avoca farming operations. The cottage can accommodate 10 people in 5 separate double rooms all with their own hot blankets. The lounge and kitchen provide the ideal place for you to share your experiences of the day around a log fire or the coal fired stove. Relax on the verandah, light a fire and have a braai whist you enjoy the beauty and sounds of a working farm as the sun goes down.
• Sleeping arrangements for 10 people
• 5 Separate rooms with 2 rooms being having their own en-suite facilities
• Hot blankets on all beds
• Warm heated, fully equipped cottage kitchen
• Lounge with log fireplace
• Braai facilities with wood available
• River situated 50m away from cottage with lovely deep “swimming pool”
• Private garden with stunning mountain view
• Fresh linen on all the beds with cottage being fully serviced daily
• Peace, tranquility and calmness
• Wedding venue
Activities and Attractions
• Fly Fishing (12km of private river stretch)
• Walks and climbs
• Mountain Biking trails / routes
• Witnessing farming operations
• Runs, walks, trail runs
• River swims
• Wild flowers
• Weddings, honeymoons
• Motor bike cross country routes
• Scenic drives
Member of New England & Wartrail Community Tourism
Member of Senqu Tourism