About Mariner Guesthouse
Mariner Guesthouse is an eco-friendly facility in Simon’s Town. This historical harbour town is 45km from Cape Town and its International Airport, and situated in the greater Table Mountain National Park. Mariner Guesthouse offers stylish elegance, comfort and friendly hospitality.
Sit back and relax on your private balcony whilst enjoying the colourful display of the sunset and watching the whales play in the bay. Later, experience true South African culture around the fire when we have our weekly “braai” (South African traditional “barbeque”) while your hosts share stories of life in South Africa. A truly memorable and enriching evening!
Mariner Guesthouse offers 8 spacious and beautifully decorated en-suite bedrooms, all with exceptional views. Get cozy in front of our fireplace in the lounge or have breakfast on our open veranda, enjoying the fresh air.
Mariner Guesthouse is architecturally designed with space, comfort and luxury in mind for its guests. The decor is a combination between classic and modern, with a light maritime touch.
All 8 en-suite bedrooms have the following:
• Internet connection
• Satellite TV with DSTV
• Air-conditioning /ceiling fans /heating
• Heated towel rails
• Bar fridge, tea and coffee making facilities
• Kitchenette for use of guests
• Secure electronic safe
• Hair dryer
(42sq m) With a beautiful four-poster bed, beautiful chandeliers and luxurious linen, this room has a full bathroom with extra large bath, shower and double basin. Enjoy the sunset from your private balcony or request “breakfast-in-bed”! This room is ideal for romantic getaways / honeymoon.
(36sq m) This room has a full bathroom and kitchenette. It is ideal for longer stays with a queen sized bed and space for an additional single bed if required. Your large private covered balcony has direct access to our barbeque area if you feel like having a “braai”.
Family Rooms / Unit:
(25sq m each) These two rooms can serve as individual rooms or as one unit. They are ideal for a family where the children and parents each have their own bedrooms. An interconnecting door gives direct and private access between the bedrooms. One room has an en-suite bath-shower and the other an en-suite shower bathroom.
(34sq m) These four large bedrooms all have the option of twin beds or one king sized bed, two with en-suite showers and the other two with shower-bath bathrooms. Each also has a sitting area and its own privately covered balcony overlooking False Bay.
(25sq m) Each bedroom has beautiful mountain and sea views and its own en-suite shower bathroom.
Breakfast and Dining
Our living / dining area has a fireplace for cooler days and an undercover verandah where meals can be enjoyed on warmer days. We offer a choice of Continental, Full English or our Mariner Special Breakfast. Lunch / Dinner / Snack Platter on request, or we can make a restaurant booking for you. Picnic baskets / Lunch boxes can be arranged on request. We have a weekly traditional “braai” (South African barbeque) for guests to experience the Afrikaner culture.
Mariner Guesthouse was architecturally designed to be an environmentally friendly facility. The house is situated in a North facing position, making it ideal to harness nature’s energy. All rooms have extra high ceilings and large glass windows, allowing for natural light to be used to the full. Even though we have air-conditioning and heating, guests are requested to use these amenities responsibly. We recycle, use organic/free-range products, use energy saving light bulbs, etc. and use cleaning products with a low chemical content.
Facilities and Services
• On-site manager
• Secure off-street parking (garages and parking bays)
• Large and spacious bedrooms
• Rooms serviced daily
• Sea and mountain views from every room
• Laundry service
• Central computer with internet connection
• E-mail, photocopy and fax facility (from our office)
• Connected to Cape Medical Response
• Tranquil indigenous garden
• Lapa with barbeque facilities
• Play / entertainment area for kids
• Airport and other transfers can be arranged or the Rikki taxis and the train from Simon’s Town through to Cape Town, are reliable options for transport.
Attractions and Activites
Simon’s Town offers both of best worlds. It is minutes away from hiking trails, the beach, harbour for boat trips and other out-door activities, but also close enough to shopping centers, sport stadiums and the city with its attractions.
Distance from places worth visiting:
• Boulders and Seaforth Beaches (connected by boardwalk past African Penguin nesting area) - 1 km
• Cape Point National Park - 10km
• Hiking Trails - 5 km
• Bird watching - 5 km
• Scratch Patch and Mineral World - 3 km
• Waterfront: boat trips / whale watching / shark cage diving - 1 km
• Restaurants / shops / art galleries / museums - 1 km
• Solole Game Reserve - 15km
• Wine Farms (Cape Point and Constantia) - 20km
• Traditional Cultural Village - 15km
Liesel and her team look forward to making your stay an unforgettable one!