About Lothlorien Cottage
We offer self catering accommodation in Hogsback. Lothlorien Cottage is one of the most charming thatched cottages in Hogsback and is ideal for a weekend escape or a family holiday.
From Lothlorien Cottage you can enjoy the magnificent views of the Hogsback Mountains and the Thyume Valley. During the winter months the Hogsback Mountain peaks are regularly snow capped and Lothlorien Cottage and the Hogsback village regularly experience snow falls.
Lothlorien is located in a cul de sac which adds to its privacy unlike many other cottages that are situated along the main road. It is an ideal romantic Hogsback getaway for honeymooners and couples or families wishing to escape to the refreshing and magical atmosphere of the mountains in Hogsback.
Self Catering Accommodation
This large double storey cottage which comfortably sleeps up to seven and is situated on a spacious two hectare plot of land in the midst of a beautiful orchard ensuring complete privacy and serenity.
The master bedroom is wheelchair friendly as it is on the ground floor next to the front door with level access to the open plan kitchen, lounge / dining area and a very large bathroom. The garden and grounds are fairly level to the braai and BBQ area.
There are four additional single beds upstairs, of which two can be moved together to form a double bed. There is a very large sofa in the lounge which could sleep one adult or two young children. Bedding is provided for six guests but please bring additional mattresses and bedding should there be a 7th person in your group.
• The lounge is spacious with comfortable couches, easy chairs and coffee table
• TV / Satellite TV available in lounge with variety of channels including SABC, ASTV (Afrikaans), a 24 hour movie channel and kids channels
• DVD player with USB port which can also play movies from a USB memory stick
• Large cosy Jetmaster fireplace in lounge / dining area
• Wood bundles can be purchased from our caretaker
• Dining area has a large dining table that comfortably seats six
• Large bathroom with double size shower, bath, basin and toilet (ground floor)
• Games, puzzles and a selection of books provided
• Lovely braai / barbeque area near cottage which is furnished with two benches
There is also a shop in the Hogsback village where one can purchase forgotten items such groceries or toiletries.
If a guest prefers to eat out or have a relaxing drink then a restaurant is within walking distance and has a cosy, informal bar and dining area where one can relax around a log fire-place, read a book, play a game of cards, chess etc. Other pubs/restaurants are in the village where one may eat quality food at a reasonable price.