About Lions View
Recommended by Wallpaper City Guide as one of the best places to stay in Cape Town, Lion’s View has established itself as the ultimate Camps Bay retreat.
Designed by leading South African architect Greg Wright this luxurious villa perfectly complements its magnificent setting overlooking famous Camp’s Bay beach, Lion’s Head and the Twelve Apostles. The property is conceptualized around clean, flowing lines, a palette of soothing colours, minimalist furnishings and open airy spaces. It’s innovative, modern architecture and stylish interiors have received international recognition and it continues to feature in design magazines, fashion shoots and TV commercials.
Situated in a tranquil tree-lined street Lion’s View is a five-minute stroll from Camps Bay beach with its signature palm-fringed waterfront and array of trendy café’s, bars and restaurants. A 10-minute drive takes you into Cape Town’s vibrant city centre and its acclaimed V&A Waterfront. At Lion’s View you’re within easy reach of it all.
Lion’s View is divided into two sections; the five bedroom Main House and the two bedroom Penthouse Apartment. Guests can opt for either or combine them to form an ultra luxurious seven-bedroom villa.
Guests are ensured total comfort and luxury. A housekeeper is always on hand to tend to domestic needs. A private chef can be arranged on request. There’s under-floor heating and air-conditioning in selected areas. As you’d expect from a five-star property the house has all the mod-cons including; iPod doc, hi-fi, telephone, satellite TV, DVD players and complementary WiFi internet.
The Main House
The Main House on the ground floor comprises five double en-suite bedrooms, a spacious lounge, a dining room and a fully equipped open-plan kitchen. The entrance is via a footbridge that traverses the Japanese koi pond. Furniture and fixtures by top designers such as Philippe Starck line the house adding a fine touch of elegance. The master bedroom, with its raised spa bath behind the bed and wall-to-wall view of the pool and beach beyond, comes with a telescope. Surrounded by the large patio and beautifully manicured garden is a seductive infinity-edged swimming pool that overlooks the Atlantic Ocean and Lions Head.
The Penthouse apartment
Upstairs is the stylish Penthouse Apartment. Featuring it’s own separate entrance, two spacious double bedrooms, two luxurious bathrooms, a lounge and fully equipped open-plan kitchen. The unique design of the roof makes the most of the majestic mountain views. The balcony with its heated plunge pool is the ideal place to enjoy the sun, panoramic views and the soothing sound of the sea.
• Laze on teak loungers by the pool, soaking up the sun and those stunning views
• Stroll down to Camps Bay beach and the Promenade - a 5 minute walk
• Taking a ride up Table Mountain in the cable car. Sunset is the best time, only a 5 minute drive away
• There’s plenty to do in Cape Town – a list of suggestions is provided at the house, including local health clubs, local restaurants and nightclubs; the manager can make recommendations e.g. book tours, art galleries, new shops, etc
• The Victoria and Alfred (V&A) Waterfront only 10 minutes by car
• The fishing village of Houtbay only 10 minute drive
• Constantia wine estates, 25 minutes by car
• Visit the winelands for a tasting and some lunch. They’re all within an hour’s drive
• Boulders Beach penguin colony, 45 minutes away
• Take a drive down the coast to Cape point – you can reach this within an hour
• Golf courses – There are 20 golf courses within 1 hour drive from Cape Town
• Walk up Lion’s Head or one of the many walking trails up Table Mountain
• Paraglide off Lion’s head to Camps Bay beach for the best adrenaline rush in town
Lion’s View has featured in numerous national and international design magazines, including South Africa’s House and Leisure and Marie-Claire. Independent review from previous guests can be found on websites like Tripadvisor.