About Lindsay Castle
The castle sits within the Noetzie Conservancy, established in 1999. Its remote but stunning location offers total privacy and seclusion, far removed from the hustle and bustle of 21st century living.
The extensive accommodation at Lindsay Castle is arranged in a most unusual fashion. Sleeping up to 12 people, it resembles a medieval castle and is full of comfy, well furnished rooms with beautiful views over the rocks and sea from its many turret windows.
Self Catering Accommodation
The accommodation comprises three bedrooms accessed from the main castle and three more via steps built against its outside walls. All bedrooms offer wonderful views of the beach and Indian Ocean.
• The North Turret bedroom – with a queen-size bed and en-suite shower room, accessed via steep wooden steps
• The downstairs bedroom – located just off the main lounge and with a king-size bed that can be converted to two single beds, plus separate shower room also reached from the main lounge
• The South Turret bedroom – a queen-size bed and en-suite bathroom accessed from the main lounge via steep wooden steps
• The Honeymoon Suite is accessed via steep stone steps on the outside of the castle’s west wall. It features a king-size four-poster, sleeper couch and large en-suite bathroom
• The Hemmingway bedroom has queen-size bed and en-suite shower-room. This room is accessed externally via a set of steep steps up from the main garden area
• The Tower bedroom is at the top of a set of steep wooden exterior steps, also off the main garden area. It features a queen-size bed, en-suite shower room and wood burning ceramic stove
The rest of the house:
There is a large lounge with two double sofas in front of a large open fireplace as well as an open-plan TV lounge with bench, seats and a large, flat-screen TV (with full Multichoice bouquet). The castle is also equipped with a small ‘office’ area with a desk and chair (with ADSL wireless Internet) and small drinks cooler box.
A well equipped open plan country-style kitchen with: gas oven, gas hob, small microwave, large fridge / freezer, kettle and double toaster. There is a separate circular dining room seating 12 guests around a circular table with integral ‘lazy-Susan’.
The lock-up store room has laundry spares, cleaning materials etc while the ‘utility’ area to the rear of the building is not accessible to guests. It is a work and store area containing solar electrical system (batteries and inverter), back-up petrol generator and two staff sleeping quarters.
This property does not have any clothes washing or drying machines. All laundry is managed off-site. There is ample external space for drying.
The outside entertainment area has a built-in wood / charcoal braai, plus several tables and benches. There are three sun loungers, two exterior sun chairs and two parasols.
A free porter service to convey luggage is provided at the beginning and end of your stay. We provide a porter service for 2 hours when guests arrive and the same when guests depart. Porterage services can also be provided at other times - at an additional charge.