About Leshiba Wilderness Game Farm
Leshiba Wilderness - Place of Dreams ...
For a magical African experience, visit our Eco-friendly Private Game and Nature Reserve, which stretches along the top of the western Soutpansberg Mountains in the Limpopo province of South Africa. Located in mountainous terrain, the farm is often lost in a morning mist; the high moisture has resulted in rich and varied vegetation, from open plains to natural bushveld and high canopy forest.
There are more than 335 species of trees and a wide variety of birds, including black eagles, purple crested and Knysna Turacos and the rare Narina Trogon. The larger game includes leopard, giraffe, zebra, sable brown hyena and numerous species of antelope. Leshiba is best explored on foot where we offer you the unique opportunity to walk unguided amongst our animals wildebeest and the elusive leopard plus kudu, eland and many of the smaller species; red duiker, aardvark, pangolins, porcupines and civets.
Leshiba offers accommodation in The Venda Village Lodge, Hamasha Bush Camp and Luvhondo Camp - Indigenous Knowledge Centre with both full board and self-catering options.
The Venda Village Lodge:
The Lodge is an authentic traditional village re-created together with internationally renowned Venda artist, Noria Mabasa. It has 5 en-suite African style huts that open up to sculpted sun-baked courtyards. Facilities Include:
• Lounge with an indoor fire place
• Outdoor open fire place
• Pool deck with a stunning view over the Duluni valley
• Famous “most delicious bath in Africa”
The Lodge sleeps 9 persons sharing. Truly African, truly amazing!
Hamasha Bush Camp offers self-catered accommodation. Surrounded by trees and nestled within a spectacular amphitheatre of high cliffs and mountains, this eight-bedded Camp has a magnificent view through Hamasha gorge and is the perfect getaway for small groups of nature lovers, and the ideal base to discover the flora and fauna of Leshiba on foot along a well-marked network of trails. Camp facilities include:
• Private small bush camp for maximum of eight persons
• Fully-equipped kitchen and outdoor braai / barbecue area
• Comfortable, cozy lounge with open fire place
• Two units with two en-suite inter-leading bedrooms each
• Outdoor showers
• Ideal for small groups and families
• Remotely situated and offering total privacy and exclusivity
• No cell reception
Please note: 4 x 4 or high clearance vehicle required
Luvhondo Camp – Indigenous Knowledge Centre:
Luvhondo is Leshiba’s group accommodation venue. It is situated close to the cliffs with endless views and is ideal for workshops eg. yoga, photography, retreats; small conferences and interest groups eg. hiking, birding, dendrological. All the systems have been designed to be Eco-friendly and self–sustainable, facilities include:
• Maximum of 28 persons sharing (bunk beds)
• Excluding the bunks, maximum of 16 persons sharing (2 persons per room)
• 3x Large rondavels, divided into two (each able to sleep 2-4 persons)
• Two outside bathrooms with showers & toilets
• A fourth rondavel divided into two has en-suite facilities, shower & toilet & sleeps 2persons in each room
• A large open plan thatched communal room with kitchen, lounge and surrounding verandah
• Outdoor boma
• Solar powered & grey water is filtered into a dam, which attracts game to the immediate area
• Wireless internet
Game drives are available, but the best way to experience all the reserve has to offer, is on foot. There are 12 marked trails from 2 to 5 hours walking time, with paths meandering through lush bush, over plains and down spectacular gorges, where in summer you can swim in clear rock pools.
For an experience which reflects the soul of Africa walk along the marked trails, join a game drive or take a horse ride (experienced riders only), within our diverse environment. Visit ancient rock art sites and meander under dense canopies of indigenous forest or hike down rocky gorges.