About La Galiniere Guest Cottages
Set within a boutique vineyard in the spectacular Franschhoek Valley, La Galiniere Farm provides well-equipped, comfortable and affordable, 3-star, AA ‘Highly Recommended’ accommodation in three self-catering cottages. Accommodating a maximum of eight guests (in addition to the owners), La Galiniere provides privacy, plenty of space and a relaxing environment for overnight or much longer stays.
Self Catering Accommodation
Our smallest cottage, comprises a bedroom (king or twin beds), shower room, kitchen and small hallway.
Comprises a double bedroom, bathroom (shower over bath), kitchen and spacious living/dining room with fireplace.
Our largest cottage, comprises two bedrooms (king or twin beds), bathroom (shower over bath), kitchen and spacious living/dining room with fireplace.
Each of the cottages provides:
• A no-smoking environment
• Television with a wide range of sports and movie channels
• DVD Players (Cabernet and Merlot Cottages only)
• Quality cotton linen and towels
• Complimentary toiletries
• Well-equipped kitchen with electric or gas hob and oven, fridge or fridge freezer, microwave oven, kettle, toaster, and a variety of pots and pans, utensils and crockery
• Complimentary tea / coffee / sugar / milk
• Complimentary bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon made from grapes harvested on the farm
• Local tourism information, brochures and maps
• Heating and cooling fans
• Universal electric plug adaptors
• A small braai
The farm also has a swimming pool that guests are invited to use. Beach towels are provided.
La Galiniere Guest Cottages welcome children of all ages and can provide cots, high chairs, baby/child car seats and kid’s DVDs. Babysitting can be arranged with advanced notice. The owners have taken out a policy with ‘Medicare’ Emergency Medical Response, based in Franschhoek, so paramedics are always at hand if for any reason they’re required.
Grocery shopping can be undertaken for guests with advance notice and with an additional charge. Also explore our organic vegetable patch and fruit trees to see what is in season.
Early check-ins and late check-outs, if possible, are typically accommodated upon request. We also provide secure off-street parking.
The owners are able to offer a wide range of tourism services through Winelands Experience; Franschhoek’s largest tour operator. Services include wine tours, scenic tours, chauffeur drives, wedding transportation, car hire, and airport and village transfers.