Welcome to Kurland on SA-Venues.com, offering 5 star graded accommodation in Plettenberg Bay, Garden Route.
A member of Relais and Chateaux, a true 5 star country hotel with its grand, white Cape Dutch buildings, some dating back to 1885. Baroness Dianne and Baron Peter Behr have created a luxurious boutique hotel with the easy-going atmosphere of a private country home mixed with South African charm and friendliness.
Twelve luxuriously appointed rooms in manicured garden setting, within a pristine 700ha polo estate. Glorious vistas are enjoyed from all rooms, which overlook the Tsitsikamma Mountains, the estate, paddocks, pool and gardens. Kurland is a family paradise and caters for them in an unprecedented manner. “Little Guests” have their own playrooms, play-areas and swimming pools, children’s dining conservatory, and enjoy private en-suite loft above the parent’s main room. These loft rooms have been specifically designed and custom-decorated for fun and enjoyment, which ensures that children are as comfortable and as pampered as their parents
• Two Elegant Rooms with garden patios
• Six Luxury Rooms with a private courtyard and a patio
• Four Superior Rooms with a private plunge pool and veranda
In-room Facilities and Amenities:
• Fireplace and under floor heating
• Large bathrooms with soft, lazy chairs
• Ceiling fans
• Heated towel rails
• Hairdryers, safes, mini bar’s, satellite TV
Restaurants and Bars
Kurland’s kitchen is well known in the area and caters for outside guests. However for in-house guests tables are always reserved for lunch and dinner. Innovative country cuisine fare with French influence is served.
The Polo Pavilion Club House on the Estate has a public bar and restaurant with a vibrant atmosphere, where one can watch a game of polo while sitting on the deck overlooking the polo fields.
‘Katarina’s’ bistro style restaurant (opening January 2012) seats up to 50 guests, and offers a more relaxed atmosphere without compromising on quality and class.
Therapy Suite with Pevonia and Dr Hauschka beauty products and treatments including:
• Massages, manicures and pedicures
• Gym, sauna, steam room and cold pool
• Swimming pool
• Sitting room with log fire for colder winter nights
• The Verandah where gourmet afternoon tea is served
• Intimate Library with fireplace and relaxing Blue Room
Complimentary 24 hour Wi-Fi internet access in the library and all guest rooms.
The Kurland Estate and Hotel are actively involved in the local community and very loyal to local entrepreneurs. The hotel is also conscious about protecting the environment so is very careful to recycle all glass, soap and paper used on the premises. Every year the proceeds of the Kurland International Polo Test match is donated to selected local charities.
Exclusive Use and Conferencing
• Kurland is available for exclusive use for private board meetings etc
• The following equipment is available: white board, flip chart, projection screen, digital projector and overhead projector, TV & DVD player, PA system
• Katarina’s can accommodate up to 60 delegates, whilst The Pavilion, Villa and Library can accommodate up to 28, 24 and 20 delegates respectively
The 5 star Kurland Hotel is able to cater for intimate weddings for parties of up to 30 guests and is ideally suited to exclusive use. Wedding ceremonies may be held in the hotel gardens, and a wedding breakfast or celebration can be served in the elegant restaurant, our alfresco Courtyard or The Homestead Verandah.
The Kurland Polo Pavilion is a fairytale venue in a majestic setting. The Pavilion restaurant is designed for parties of up to 60 guests. Marquees integrated to the main hospitality areas are used for larger weddings of 120 to 200 wedding guests.
A large playroom with toys for all ages, big screen TV, computer, snooker, table tennis. There is a dedicated, securely enclosed children’s swimming pool and a baby pool, jungle gym, tennis and petanque fields. Pony riding on the estate is an absolute must; children with riding experience can use the polo ponies for out rides.
Additionally in surrounding areas families can visit the Elephant Sanctuary and Monkey Land and Birds of Paradise.In season there is a team looking after the children and planning a daily program to entertain them.
• Walking, running and hiking trails
• Mountain bikes (free of charge)
• Quad bikes (free of charge +16 years old )
• Polo instruction
• Horse riding
• Tennis court
• Picnics on the estate
IN THE SURROUNDING AREA
• Elephant Sanctuary
• Monkey Land
• Nature’s Valley and Plettenberg Bay beaches
• Whale and dolphin watching
• Deep sea fishing
• Birds of Eden
• Snake Sanctuary
Kurland is conveniently located in the heart of the Garden Route, 19 km outside Plettenberg Bay on the magnificent Kurland Polo Estate - just minutes away from the Nature’s Valley beach.