About Kurland Hotel
Kurland is a luxurious boutique country hotel on a vast 700 hectare (1700 acre) estate of great natural beauty, between the mountains and the pristine beach of Nature’s Valley. It offers exceptional facilities and tailor made programmes for families and a host of activities in and around Kurland for all ages to enjoy.
Twelve luxuriously appointed rooms in manicured garden setting, within a pristine 700ha polo estate. Glorious vistas are enjoyed from all rooms, which overlook the Tsitsikamma Mountains, the estate, paddocks, pool and gardens.
Kurland is a family paradise and caters for them in an unprecedented manner. “Little Guests” have their own playrooms, play-areas and swimming pools, children’s dining conservatory, and enjoy private en-suite loft above the parent’s main room. These loft rooms have been specifically designed and custom-decorated for fun and enjoyment, which ensures that children are as comfortable and as pampered as their parents
• Two Elegant Rooms with garden patios
• Six Luxury Rooms with a private courtyard and a patio
• Four Superior Rooms with a private plunge pool and veranda
In-room Facilities and Amenities:
• Fireplace and under floor heating
• Large bathrooms with soft, lazy chairs
• Ceiling fans
• Heated towel rails
• Hairdryers, safes, mini bar’s, satellite TV
Restaurants and Bars
Kurland’s kitchen is well known in the area and caters for outside guests. However for in-house guests tables are always reserved for lunch and dinner. Innovative country cuisine fare with French influence is served.
The Polo Pavilion Club House on the Estate has a public bar and restaurant with a vibrant atmosphere, where one can watch a game of polo while sitting on the deck overlooking the polo fields.
‘Katarina’s’ bistro style restaurant (opening January 2012) seats up to 50 guests, and offers a more relaxed atmosphere without compromising on quality and class.
Therapy Suite with Pevonia and Dr Hauschka beauty products and treatments including:
• Massages, manicures and pedicures
• Gym, sauna, steam room and cold pool
• Swimming pool
• Sitting room with log fire for colder winter nights
• The Verandah where gourmet afternoon tea is served
• Intimate Library with fireplace and relaxing Blue Room
Complimentary 24 hour Wi-Fi internet access in the library and all guest rooms.
A large playroom with toys for all ages, big screen TV, computer, snooker, table tennis. There is a dedicated, securely enclosed children’s swimming pool and a baby pool, jungle gym, tennis and petanque fields. Pony riding on the estate is an absolute must; children with riding experience can use the polo ponies for out rides.
Additionally in surrounding areas families can visit the Elephant Sanctuary and Monkey Land and Birds of Paradise.In season there is a team looking after the children and planning a daily program to entertain them.
Activities at Kurland
• Walking, running and hiking trails
• Mountain bikes (free of charge)
• Quad bikes (free of charge +16 years old )
• Polo instruction
• Horse riding
• Tennis court
• Picnics on the estate