About Korannaberg Adventures
Set in the Eastern Free State, Koranna offers stunning views, spectacular landscapes, starry night skies and breath taking sunsets. Korannaberg Adventures is the perfect place to get away from your busy city lifestyles and enjoy the farm, where you can relax and appreciate the beauty of nature.
Self Catering Accommodation
The Farmhouse was built before the Boer War from sandstone and set in spectacular natural and historical wonders. The house has been completely restored and offers a relaxed and comfortable farm atmosphere. Accommodation consists of:
• Two double bedrooms each with their own toilet, hand basin and hot / cold shower
• Two family rooms, one sleeps three guests and the anther one four guests. The rooms share a bathroom (one toilet, two hand basins, one hot / cold bath and two hot / cold showers)
• One family outside room (attached to the guesthouse). The room has its own toilet, two hand basins and one hot / cold shower
• Fully equipped self-catering kitchen, living room with a fireplace. Ideal for the family.
The three silo’s which were used in previous years as fodder storage facilities have been revamped as accommodation units. The thatched roof, self-catering silo’s consist of the following:
• A main double bed bedroom (sleeps two guests)
• A family room (one double bed and two stack single beds - sleeps four guests)
• Fully equipped open plan self-catering kitchen / dining room / living room and a bathroom with a hot / cold gas shower, hand basin and one toilet
Stables / Backpackers:
Ideally suitable for backpackers and hikers merely seeking a bed, the stables have also been refurbished into sleeping quarters.
• Each stable can accommodate six guests (three stables)
• Separate ablution facilities for gents and ladies
• Basic equipped kitchen
Our camping ground offers ablution facilities with warm water, electricity and braai facilities.
Finally there’s the 'Holkrans'. An overhanging cave surrounded by trees and secluded by a waterfall. Bring your own bedding, food and beverages. Shower under the waterfall and use the long drop!
Korannaberg is a nature lover’s playground with extensive grasslands, lush valley forests and a rocky terrain. What Korannaberg has succeeded in doing, is to create a 4x4 trail experience that manages to convey the history, magic and versatility of this region into one well-rounded experience. There are two 4x4 routes at Korannaberg; each offers spectacular scenery and challenges to the newcomer and more experienced driver alike.
Other activities include abseiling, zip-wire, hiking trails and fishing. Bring along your quad bike and have great fun in the playpen.