About Knysna Belle Guest House
Imagine staying in a beautiful Cape-Cod style house on a small island (4km around) surrounded by calm Indian Ocean waters, just off a white-sand beach (Bollard Bay), with spectacular views, luxurious 4-star accommodation, exceptional breakfasts, a swimming pool, the free use of mountain bikes kayaks and a canoe … then you have just visualised the Knysna Belle Guest House on Leisure Island Knysna.
The difference with our island is you are just minutes away from Knysna’s shopping centres, three golf courses, six of South Africa’s best MTB trails, numerous spa’s, dozens of restaurants, Knysna’s famous indigenous forests, scenic drives / hikes and literally everything else you want on holiday.
Named after the schooner, ‘Knysna Belle’ which regularly visited Knysna in the late 1800’s our bedrooms are named after sailing ships with a history of visiting Knysna and the house carries nautical themes throughout.
The Captains Quarters:
‘The Upper Deck’ - Over 130m² of luxury bedroom, lounge, study and three private decks* providing truly breathtaking views of the famous Knysna Heads, Bollard Beach, Featherbed Bay, and majestic Outeniqua Mountains. Bed can be arranged as a king-size or twin as preferred, mini-bar fridge, comfortable seating and lounges. (*including rooftop ‘Crows nest’ look-out balcony).
Our lagoon facing honeymoon suite with spectacular views has a queen-size bed with en-suite bathroom (shower over bath) and double doors opening onto the private patio where one can sunbathe on loungers or just enjoy the view while sipping sundowners.
Lagoon facing garden level room, bed can be arranged as a king-size or twin as preferred, mini-lounge area leading out to private patio, luxury bathroom with shower and bath.
With queen size bed and en-suite shower the room overlooks the tranquil garden and swimming pool. Optional facility: can be inter-leading with the Annie Benn.
The Annie Benn:
Large room with a queen size bed, charming Victorian bath and hand shower, separate toilet en-suite, overlooking the bird filled garden and pool.
The Hettie and Fredheim (Family suite):
• Hettie - a queen-size bed in room overlooking the garden and pool with full bathroom plus shower, shared with Fredheim
• The Fredheim - two single beds overlooking garden and pool with full bathroom shared with Hettie
• Full English Breakfast (or Continental)
• Swimming pool, swimming towels and recliners
• Use of lounge and large front deck
• Seven mountain bikes (ladies and gents) for an easy scenic ride around Leisure Isle
• Two kayaks and a canoe
• ‘Where-did-you-dine-last-night’ guest-to-guest restaurant rating system
• Picnic baskets, backpacks and hiking water bottles etc
• Tea and coffee making facilities in all rooms
• TV in all rooms
• Private honesty bar, white wine fridge red wine selection
• Detailed maps and info on Knysna and surrounds
• Laundry service
• ‘Cobb’ mini portable barbeque unit for picnics (please book in advance)