About Khomeesdrif Camping Site
At the foothills of the Sonderend Mountains lies a magical place, far from the ‘madding crowd’ where peace and tranquility abound. A place where the gentle gurgling of the Riviersonderend River, the melody of bird song and the merry crackle of campfires are the only sounds to break the soothing silence. Here we all can drink in the beauty that nature has to offer.
Self Catering Accommodation
The campsite is situated at the edge of a poplar forest, 7km from the town Riviersonderend in the Overberg and boasts 30 grassed and shaded sites and a spotless ablution block that sports solar powered hot showers backed up by gas, flush toilets and is wheelchair friendly.
Self Catering House
Also available is a self-catering house with space for up to six people. All you have to do is just bring your own bedding and braai equipment. There is a braai area outside the house. Braai wood and ice is available on request.
The river, meandering at the edge of the site is absolutely exquisite and a fisherman’s paradise. The gently flowing waters are wonderful to swim in and there are kayaks, canoes and a little row boat as well as inflated tyre tubes so you can peacefully float down the river - a heavenly experience.
If you are the type of pet owners who cannot bear to leave your four legged friends at home, you can request and arrange with the owners of Khomeesdrif to bring your dogs, horses or parrots with you!
• Grassed, shaded stands, no electricity
• Jungle gym
• Washing up facilities
• Braai facilities
• Firewood on request
• Swimming, rowing, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, quad biking by prior arrangement, volley ball
• Boat and inner tractor tubes available on request
• Fish such as carp and baber can be caught from the river bank or boat
• Bird watching - blue crane, kingfisher, eagles - to name but a few
• Star gazing
Amenities in Riviersonderend (7kms)
• Restaurants and take-away outlets
• Good pharmacy
• Great butchery
• Liquor store
• Basic food stores
• Doctor (Monday to Saturday) after hours in Caledon