About Khaya La Manzi Guest Lodge
Khaya La Manzi is Zulu for "Home of Water" and is a distinctive thatched lodge with alternative self-catering units and a conference facility with 180 degree sea views overlooking the Indian Ocean. We are conveniently situated 2,5km off the N2 highway for travelers en-route North or South to the Zululand Game Reserves, St. Lucia, Durban, Drakensberg, Port Edward, Wild Coast, Eastern Cape, Garden Route or Cape Town.
3 Bachelor Apartments (bachelor 1, 2 and 3):
• Own sliding door entrance onto a protected communal courtyard
• Each apartment is fully self contained with fridge, mini stove and oven, microwave, kettle, toaster and utensils - offering you the option of going self catering if you prefer
• Each has bathroom en-suite (shower over bath)
• Braai in the courtyard or up by the swimming pool
• Bed & breakfast option available on request, subject to season
2 Family Apartments (Sleeps 4 - 6):
• Own entrance
• Each family apartment has a queen / king bed in the main room, kitchen and lounge area
• A loft with 2 single beds overlooks the lounge area. A double bunk can be added to either apartment for the extra persons
• Bathroom with shower over bath
• The second family unit has 2 bathrooms
• There is your own cadac / weber braai on the North East facing patio with partial sea view , of each of these apartments
Sea Facing Apartments:
• Dolphin and elephant are two bedroom four sleeper units
• Whale and Seahorse are two sleepers each with king size bed and bathroom en-suite
• Separate small fully equipped kitchen
• Seahorse has shower over bath. Whale has bath only
• The Seahorse and Elephant both have their own sea facing decks
• These are not air-conditioned but experience the fresh sea breeze off the Indian ocean
• Ceiling fans/fans in each room
12 Sleeper Lodge:
• This is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house. This will sleep 12 if people dont mind sharing bedrooms
• Bar lounge , TV lounge, kitchen, dining room, pantry
• Three large private sea facing decks with a Weber on the lower deck
• Bedroom one has king bed and double bunk and ceiling fan
• Bedroom 2 has queen bed and ceiling fan
• These two share a bathroom on the ground floor, leading off from dining room
• Upstairs is the very large 3rd bedroom with a king bed and 2 double bunks with en-suite bathroom
• Partially air-conditioned (lounges). All rooms in the Lodge are sea facing
DStv connection in all apartments - please bring your own decoder and smart card for DStv viewing. No swimming towels supplied. 1 bath towel p/p supplied. The aerial photos on our listing will give you apartment position on our premises. Secure off street parking.
We are a family run Guest House and Conference venue specializing in personal service and offering comfortable bed and breakfast accommodation as well as self-catering apartments. No need to stay at different venues, as most attractions are easily accessible from Khaya La Manzi. Discounted rates are offered for longer stays as well as business travellers. Communal games room and swimming pool for all guests to relax and enjoy. Please note that the main lodge building and decks are closed to the public over Christmas and Easter as this is rented out as a self catering house to large groups at these times
We have a superbly elevated position offering magnificent breaker views of the Indian Ocean in a malaria free area. Savour a glorious breakfast either alfresco on the lower sea facing deck or in the dining room while maybe being fortunate enough to witness the famous annual sardine run or watching whales and dolphins. Khaya La Manzi has much to offer as a stress free relaxed seaside venue for leisure and business being 90 odd km South of Durban.
Activities and Attractions
Being ± 1km from a Blue Flag protected swimming beach and ski-boat launch site, take a stroll along vast stretches of open sand to the tidal pool, explore the fantastic marine life or find a serene fishing spot. Visitors may choose any of the numerous attractions and activities all down the length of South Africa's KwaZulu Natal South Coast from playing a round of golf at one of ten nearby golf courses to extreme adventure in Oribi Gorge or on and in the sea choosing ones own ocean safari.
For the less adventurous there is bird watching, nature trails, lighthouses, arts and crafts or find a book in our library and relax in the courtyard garden or next to the pool. You will be spoilt for choice at Khaya La Manzi.