Have Your Say
Submit a Review
Have you been to Jan Harmsgat Country House in Swellendam?
Let us know what you thought of the venue and how you enjoyed your visit to Cape Overberg.
Reviews & Comments
Showing 2 reviews (ordered by date of stay, most recent appearing first)
We travel a lot and this was one of the poorest experiences we had in a long time:
- upon arrival, after a long journey, there was no water in the room, so we could not use the toilet nor take a shower
- when I asked the reception about it their reply was: " are you sure there is no water?", while later on we heard that they knew about the water problem as it was because of the drought and the surrounding farms switching the water supply.
- Next day the water was brown and murky
- The room (4) had a sloping roof and therefore both of us had to bent over to take a shower and to look in the mirror above the sink
- Although we had to summit our dinner preferences 2 hours in advance, they forgot that we had starters (with only 5 tables occupied in the restaurant)
- The actual starters were of poor quality
- The breakfast had bread that was at least 2 perhaps even 3 days old
- When on departure we informed the reception and the manager about our poor experiences there was hardly any reaction
All in all: a very bad experience and not worth the money !
Great place, great location, most freindly staff, great food!! and great wines...
Showing 2 reviews
Cape Town International - 200km
George Airport - 200km
Children of all ages are welcome.
Check-in from 14h00
Check-out by 11h00
Listed on SA-Venues.com
August 2008 - 2 Reviews